Rather Picky (PM for Invite)

An indoor general area safe from Grimm monsters and a general place to lounge and dine.
Alexander Korasumi
1st Semester
Race: Faunus
Weapon: Base and Treble
Semblance: Feel the Beat in Motion

Re: Rather Picky (PM for Invite)

Post by Alexander Korasumi » Fri Apr 13, 2018

After coating his salad he quickly began tossing some assorted choices of veggies into his mashed potatoes. Stirring them in with a light layer of gravy. Apparently the 2 were talking about where they came from. A very normal topic though it had a chance to backfire with some students. Something few realized since not everyone came from a good background or wanted to remember their past. He himself couldn't care less. Even if he had a horrid past mixed with annoyance. Go further back and it was a bittersweet story. But that was neither here nor there. As he bit into his salad Alex noticed the silent greeting from the male. Giving a silent nod back, a soft hum of delight vibrating in his throat at the food. His crystal blue eyes looking up at the 2. The girl seemed to also notice his presence. Though it was obvious she wasn't comfortable with it. As they both invited him to join he gave the guy a large grin. Before he quickly flashed the girl a soft and grateful smile. Before dabbing his lips with a napkin.

"I appreciate the offer. I'm Alexander Korasumi, but feel feel free to call me Alex. It's really the only thing I'm used to answering to. "

Alex he said with a casual twirl of his fork. He was quick to begin analyzing the 2 as they included him in their conversation. Zack seemed like the outgoing type, but seemed diligent. Someone with that many scars and a happy aura to them got their wounds training. Rather then some kind of mentally scarring situation. The girl on the other hand didn't seem strong with strangers based the stiff stature she currently had. But a quick look at her overall appearance gave him some more clues. Well cared for skin and nails. A complexion that told of time spent outside, but as much inside. Which meant she was also the diligent. Well that made him the odd one out if he was correct. While he took his training seriously. He was more about having fun and living in the moment. His attention was drawn to the girl's hands again as a tempting offer. His was Mistrali so he was quite used to and enjoyed seaweed based dishes. Yet he could tell it was more an uneasy attempt at including him. His taste-buds argued for the food of course.

"I appreciate the offer, but no need to worry about me. I've got my fill of produce. But if you spot anything you'd like on my tray I'd be happy to trade. I'm always happy for food that reminds me of home. "

Alex gave the girl another small smile. Only locking eyes with her for a quick second. Not wanting to put any real pressure on the girl. He turned back to watch if Zack would accept the offer. He took another large bite of his salad as well as a smaller one of his potatoes. A positively overjoyed face was made as he chewed. Being a herbivore must've been amazing. He only had a touch of their taste and already enjoyed such vibrant tastes. His ears were straight up and slanted to one side. Keeping up with whomever he wasn't currently looking at. A trick he used to make sure he kept his attention on everyone in a conversation. He seemed content to enjoy his food and talk. As the constant flow of fruit into his mouth spoke volumes. The music surrounding him became a soft background noise. Helping him cancel out all the voices in the cafeteria he wasn't currently paying attention to.
"Alexander Male Voice"
"Alex Female Voice"
"When he copies some else's Voice"
"Time flies by when you party outside of the spotlight"

Sponsor

Sponsor

Zack Shadowsoul
1st Semester
Race: Human
Weapon: Flamma Animam
Semblance: From Shadows

Post by Zack Shadowsoul » Fri Apr 13, 2018

The offer for a handshake ignored, Zack would shrug before drinking some of the mostly ignored soup he had. Noting the offered nori, he would grin and nod, taking a sheet and crushing it into tiny pieces that he would sprinkle over his rice. "Thanks! This combination was always a personal favorite of mine!" Taking a few bites of the now seasoned rice, he would grin wide as he ate, making happy noises as he did so. Finishing the last of his food, he would set the dishes down on his tray and look to Alex.

"So, if you don't mind my asking, you seem to be an all rounder when it comes to combat, that right?" His eyes would almost glow with excitement as the the thought of sparring the individuals he was sitting with. Glancing over to Telu, he would grin once again. "Same for you, right? I've been trying to figure your style out as soon as I sat down." He would think for a moment before laughing in embarrassment. "Ah, sorry, old habits die hard I guess... In my village, sparring matches were a common way to get to know other people, so I've been trained at an early age to try and analyze people's styles on sight so I can better understand them..." Scratching the back of his head, he would chuckle some more. "Eh, ignore what I just asked. You two want anything? My treat! I'm still starving..."

Standing to his full height, he would smile at the two warmly. "I can get the cafeteria workers to let us into the good stuff that they save for faculty! I'm talking top end sweets and food here! Just give me the word, and I'll go get some!" He would say in a hushed tone so that only the two of them could hear. Getting his empty dishes, he would grin once again. "Gunna get myself some of the pork ramen they have on the menu, that stuff is great!"
Main Theme - / Battle Theme -

I'm not that scared little boy anymore! I will fight, and hone my techniques so that I can become the symbol of hope and safety that they were for me! So give me your worst; I will surpass it all!!

Maria Ravenheart
2nd Semester
Weapon: Calls of Fate | Whirlwind
Semblance: Red Lightning

Post by Maria Ravenheart » Sat Apr 14, 2018

Maria had never liked the Academy's cafeteria all too much. For one, Maria have problems interacting with large crowds. While working at the cafe in the Commercial district taught her a thing or two about opening herself up to others, and she had grown out of her shell quite a bit, the girl still felt a rather uncomfortable and suffocating feeling. Beside that, people hanging out in the cafeteria are always so... aggressive. Commotions and fights were almost common around here, especially between Faunus and humans. Not many has escalated beyond high tension and flying insults. It's only the matter of time however, until a real fight breaks out.

But with her next class coming up, going elsewhere wouldn't worth the effort. Sitting by herself, the scarlette played a gentle song on her scroll in hope it would drown out all the noises so she could focus on her read. It worked for a moment. With the song playing through her earbuds, Maria was able to tune herself out from everything around her. All seemed to fade to nothingness, leaving her alone in an empty void with the book and the music. Entered a state of serene mind, Maria continued reading while waiting for her class to start.

Just as she thought she could be at peace however, Maria could feel a moving disturbance coming toward her. Her body moved instinctively, shifting one seat to the side to avoid whatever movement coming toward her. In the state of complete blankness, Maria had forgotten that while she was sitting by herself, she wasn't sitting alone. When she moved from her seat, the girl felt her body collided against something soft. Snapped from her serene state, Maria became aware of the world around her again. Blinking twice, she soon realized when she tried and dodge whatever coming at her, she bumped herself into another girl sharing the same table. Light pale complexion with blue eyes and black hair, around shoulder length, some freckles dotted on her face, the girl seemed to be talking to another person, a rabbit Faunus. It took her a second before she realized that she was a bit too close for comfort, immediately pushing herself back from the person, not wanting to "invade" their personal boundaries any longer. ''I'm sorry! I was zoning out a bit and didn't notice." Maria quickly apologized, taking off her earbuds.
Last edited by Maria Ravenheart on Tue Apr 17, 2018, edited 1 time in total.
"The sky looks pretty today. " - thoughts / inner voice.

"I like your dress. It complements your personality." - talking.

Telu Satou
1st Semester
Weapon: Grand Chocolatier & Dame Blanche
Semblance: Vortex

Post by Telu Satou » Sat Apr 14, 2018

"My name's Telu." She gave herself a simple introduction in response to Alex's. "And it's no trouble! I'm honestly not super hungry anymore anyway. I thought I was but it turns out my appetite isn't quite all there today..." She withdrew her hand offering the nori either way. Attempt made! Offer rejected. That felt like a jab for some reason. She wasn't sure why, even despite what she took as a smile born of a desire to be polite. She wasn't the best at reading people though...

At least Zack was willing to accept the offer! It made her feel a little less embarrassed for making it. There were plenty of sheets, and she'd die from excessive sodium intake if she ate them all. Her expression grew confused as Zack spoke on combat capabilities though. She must have missed a social cue somewhere? She also wasn't sure how Alex had given Zack the impression of an 'all-rounder'. So far all she knew was that he was a faunus that adhered to some of the stereotypes of a rabbit-food diet. How that implied anything about his combat capabilities was beyond her. Maybe Zack had some sort of quirk of his semblance that made him good at sizing people up?

Her face turned red as she remembered the incident with the last boy she'd met that claimed to have a semblance that imparted some variety of visual insight. That'd really been an awkward way to meet someone...

She looked over at Zack, eyes widening slightly as she waved her hands in defense. "I... I don't know about that! I um... I'm... I'm not so good at sparring, to be honest with you..." She still had nightmares sometimes of the last big sparring incident she'd had in Signal. It made her side hurt. It made her remember the smell of antiseptic, white hospital walls and black-and-white TV screens. No thanks! Even if Grand Chocolatier was under her left sleeve and Dame Blanche was resting in a hidden pocket on her heel... now didn't feel like an appropriate time to go showing off weapons.

"I..." She trailed off. She had initially planned to refuse, but he'd said the magic word. Sweets. What were the 'top end' sweets here? She couldn't help but wonder. "...I um... I'd love to know what kinds of deserts are on offer for special occasions. If it's... not too much trouble-"

And then a red-haired girl bumped into her and knocked her seaweed sheets onto the floor, along with her book. She was more sad about the seaweed, a deep frown coming to her lips. Without a second thought she hopped up to collect her book: 'RTRT', along with as many of the seaweed sheets as she could. They had been on the floor now... they were trash. She'd have to throw them out now...

She looked up and shook her head. "It's... it's okay. I know I'm pretty easy to overlook." She sounded really sad as she said it.
Last edited by Telu Satou on Tue Apr 17, 2018, edited 3 times in total.
Idle (Maroma Samsa) - / Combat (Meatball Submarine) - / Main (UFO) -
Sticks and stones won't break our bones...
As long as you have me.

Alexander Korasumi
1st Semester

Post by Alexander Korasumi » Sat Apr 14, 2018

"A pleasure to meet you Telu "

Alex smiled at the girl showing off his pearly whites. Zack didnt seem to have any reservations. And his choice in food was interesting. Then Telu stated her lack of appetite. So he thought on her offer again. And as he was about to start reaching for the nori. Zack began talking about combat skills. Grabbing the rabbit's attention, mainly for the odd assumption on his fighting style.

Did he really look like an all rounder? I mean the build was probably right, but then again well rounded muscles from dancing were good for many things. His weapon in its current form probably didnt seem like one. So the guy must've been just using basic body builds as the basis. So he glanced over at Telu and scanned her again. While he wasn't very combat savy, he could try to guess her style....... Nope at best he'd guess ranged, with a touch of stealth. But looks tended to be deceiving in combat. Zack on the other hand was an easy call for front line fighter. Probably a high offense low defense style. Then the girl with the more fiery hair looked to be a nice balance of offense and defense. With just a touch of range.... Wait how had he just noticed the girl? Man fresh produce really threw him for a loop.

"I'm kind of the same as Telu. Though I'm definitely not an all rounder. I focus on range and placement. Though I can drop some heavy fire up close. Now as for those sweets. I can't exactly turn down a chance at free sweets, something chocolaty. "

The mention of sweets grabbed the faunus' ateention quite plainly. Though he wasn't really sure how Zack had a personal in. Especially for faculty cuisine which was specially made. Did he really care enough not to gain free sweets. No, no he didn't, sweets all the way. Hopefully the staff wouldn't miss some chocolate.

Once again Alex's attention was brought back to the other female at the table. Right as she began to rouse. Which immediately turned into a small jump into Telu. Like she was trying to avoid something. That quickly ended up bad for both girls. The headphones in the redhead's ears gave away how she'd been surprised. And his body quickly reacted as Telu dropped her nori and book. He barely managed to catch a piece for himself. Though it was a smaller piece. He watched as Telu frowned and the girl apologized. The reaction that was returned was sad. Hopefully what he'd caught would help some. Cause the book didn't seem to be her focus of intent. He gave a small sheepish smile.

"Well interesting entrance there Miss. And sorry Telu guess for all my speed and reflexes. I've only got this one piece to show for it.
"Alexander Male Voice"
"Alex Female Voice"

Zack Shadowsoul
1st Semester
Weapon: Flamma Animam
Semblance: From Shadows

Post by Zack Shadowsoul » Tue Apr 17, 2018

Nodding at the requests, Zack would grin and walk off to procure the items in question. Going to one of the ladies behind the counter, he would give her one of his most charming smiles. Before he even said a word, the woman would give him a small menu and smirk. "I know all about you village boy, no need to waste your energy. We appreciate your help in keeping the delivery safe." Chuckling warmly, Zack would nod and look at the listed deserts. "Nice, I'll take the cheesecake, the chocolate fondue with fresh fruit, and a large pork ramen!" He would say cheerily before handing the menu back and the lein to pay for it.

A few minutes later, he had his tray of goodies and was heading back to the table in time to see the scene between Telu and the new girl. Taking his seat, he would hand off the fondue to Alex and the cheesecake to Telu before helping her clean the nato sheets. "Everyone ok?" He would ask in mild concern before looking at Telu with a slight frown as she said that she was 'easy to overlook'. "Hey now, that's not true Telu. Both Alex and I didn't, so that sould say something against that statement, right?" Holding his hand out for the sheets that she had collected, he would give her a kind smile. "Let me take care of those, enjoy your cheesecake, ok? I'll explain why I said what I did in a moment."

Looking to the new girl, he would nod to her in greeting. "Hey, i'm Zack. The quiet one you bumped into is Telu, and the one with the greens is Alex. What's your name?" He would give her a small smile, not wanting to look like he was trying to force her into talking. After collecting the nato, he would place them on the tray his ramen was sitting on and begin to dig into it, blowing softly to cool down the freshly made noodles before slurping it up happily.
Main Theme - / Battle Theme -

I'm not that scared little boy anymore! I will fight, and hone my techniques so that I can become the symbol of hope and safety that they were for me! So give me your worst; I will surpass it all!!

Maria Ravenheart
2nd Semester
Weapon: Calls of Fate | Whirlwind
Semblance: Red Lightning

Post by Maria Ravenheart » Tue Apr 17, 2018

The sight of the girl quickly get down to collected the books she had dropped along with all the dried seaweed sheets she was snacking on as fast as she could pain the scarlette, especially when she know that she's the reason why it happened. Almost instinctively, Maria got off her seat and helped the girl, but the boy had already act before her. Something she had learned from working in the cafe was if someone was already on cleaning, it's best to let them finish, as barging in to help would only invoke further accidents, creating a chain of reaction that'd result in nothing good except for disasters.

Sitting back down to where she was, the girl clasped her hands together in an apologetic style, like a kid asking for forgiveness after making a mistake. "Once again, I'm terribly sorry for my carelessness. I should have paid more attentions to my surrounding before zoning out like that." Maria once again apologized for her mistake after the bunny Faunus boy had added his own comments on her entrance, her body slightly tilting forward in a bow. Perhaps she shouldn't channel her serene state around public places until she gain more control over it. To say she was "zoning out a bit" was a heavy understatement. She was out completely, almost as if she was the only person there, and nothing else matter.

Just as she thought that was it, another boy joined the conversation. It seemed like he was already here from the start, but had only just return from the line, bringing back food and sweets for the two. At first, he seemed normal enough, and seemed to be good friend with the two. However, when he turned to her with his outgoing and straightforward personality, she had to take a step back mentally. At first impression, he was even forward than Ax with her carefree attitude. If she didn't know better then, she now had some speculations that this is his first time meeting these two as well. The thought of that notion certainly remind her of a certain someone who brought up a team of absolute strangers.

"God... I need my outfit for this... NO! That's the last thing I need!"

"R-Ravenheart... My name is Maria Ravenheart. It's a pleasure to meet all of you." Even when she was taken and slightly flustered at the boy's unreserved personality, the scarlette still managed to make a proper introduction.
"The sky looks pretty today. " - thoughts / inner voice.

"I like your dress. It complements your personality." - talking.

Telu Satou
1st Semester
Weapon: Grand Chocolatier & Dame Blanche
Semblance: Vortex

Post by Telu Satou » Tue Apr 17, 2018

She quickly returned to her seat, resting the now inedible nori on her tray to be thrown out with the rest of the food that she probably wasn't going to eat. She was still listening even as she cleaned up - there wasn't much for Zack to help with save a bit that she missed that'd scattered under the table.

"I'm kind of the same as Telu, though I'm definitely not an all rounder. I focus on range and placement..."

What... why was everyone making these assessments about her combat style like that? Had they been watching the few sparring matches she'd been forced to participate in since starting her classes? She wasn't trying to focus on range! She just... had trouble creating openings with her long knife and had to be more cautious and reactive up close! It was easier and safer to keep her distance and shoot at people when everyone was so obnoxiously good with their swords and hammers and other melee weapons!

She turned her head as she was addressed as 'Miss Telu' and gently shook her head at the rabbit faunus.

"It's really okay. I... like I said, I'm not very hungry anymore anyway. I just thought it'd be a nice snack to have on hand to offer if anyone wanted some," she admitted quietly, her words half directed at both him and the new girl in response to her apology. She just wanted to make a good impression with whatever prospective friends she might have made here today. So far she wasn't really sure what kind of impression she was making. Her gaze turned to Zack briefly and she forced a short, brief smile to acknowledge his words, but she didn't really believe him. She knew she was plain. She'd been told as much before, she remembered as she took the few sheets he'd collected and set them on her tray with the rest that wouldn't be eaten.

...and now she felt a bit on the melancholy side of the mood spectrum and it showed in the slight hint of a frown on her lips and the distance in her sea-green gaze. At least up until she looked at the table in front of her and her mind belatedly processed the sweets on display. Her eyes immediately focused in on the cheesecake. It didn't have to be the highest quality or best cheesecake, she just... she loved sweets with an intensity that she seldom exhibited for anything else.

Telu grabbed herself a slice and tried not to seem too excited. She ate like a normal, dignified young lady... but now that she had cheesecake she wasn't super interested in talking at the moment. Who needed seaweed when you had cheesecake? It wasn't bad, but it wasn't the same as the stuff her mother made. A pang of homesickness struck her, but she eagerly tried to shove it away with another bite. Everyone else could do the talking for now.
Idle (Maroma Samsa) - / Combat (Meatball Submarine) - / Main (UFO) -
Sticks and stones won't break our bones...
As long as you have me.

Alexander Korasumi
1st Semester

Post by Alexander Korasumi » Wed Apr 18, 2018

"Well it's nice to know there are such thoughtful people. Another plus for me that I'm sitting with you."

Alex turned and smiled approvingly towards Telu. His eyes lit up just a bit as he showed off his pearly whites. Before going back to a more subdued smile. Stretching his arms as he grabbed a hand full of berries. He began to work out the kinks in his body. Dropping and tossing the small fruits into his mouth. Telu seemed pretty uncomfortable with this situation in general. Seemed she was probably a bit socially inept. Then again when you 're compared to someone who's job it is to talk to people. That doesn't really mean much. He then turned to Maria a quick nod. Before his hands untangled and he released the last of the handful into his mouth. Quietly chewing the food with a pleasant hum and slightly glazed over eyes.

It was with a slightly animalistic edge that he locked onto the chocolate fondue set before him. He casually slipped his spoon and flourished it. Before calmly and slowly cutting out a chuck. Avoiding letting the cut from ruining the structure of the desert. As the spoon finally entered his mouth what was a calm movement turned into a blur. As he quickly finished off the treat. Though he made sure to truly savor the last bite. His eyes focused on The point Zack made and shrugged before removing the utensil from his mouth. As if he hadn''t just made the fondue disappear he began to casually shrug as he spoke again.

"Well Telu is a bit plain Zack there's no real arguing that fact. But she's interesting and has a great figure. So I don't really see what her plain look really matters seeing as it works for her. And what really matters is how you mesh with others." Crystal blue shifted towards the redhead. "Pleasure to eat-Meet you Maria. Sorry I've got food on the brain right now."

He gave the girl a playful wink trying not to laugh at his slip-up. Man talk about horrible pick up lines. His body shivered for just a second as he remembered worse being used at him. Shaking off that thought process he suddenly got a more comfortable air around him. His small charismatic smile slipping on. As he stopped sitting perfectly straight. He began to idly eat. His food only a minor concern now. As he looked over the group.

"So seeing as we got to an awkward start. How about we agree to forget that and just go around and do some basic questions. Though if you're feeling particularly chatty you're free to ask me deep and personal stuff. I'm a decently open book. " HE did a so-so motion with his hand.
"Alexander Male Voice"
"Alex Female Voice"