Arm Wrestling (Private: Jim Lavay)

An indoor general area safe from Grimm monsters and a general place to lounge and dine.
Asheton Wilhelm
4th Semester

Re: Arm Wrestling (Private: Jim Lavay)

Post by Asheton Wilhelm » Sun Jun 04, 2017

Asheton watched the boy recover from the Semblance with the familiar, creepy sensation of losing her own power. It was one she was used to, but it felt different this time. Especially with it being ineffective. I'm losing my touch. Taking a moment to let him recover, she shook her hand out as the numbing, tingling sensation left her body entirely. "I said anything goes, didn't I?" She chuckled as she took a look around. Maybe she had scared them off. Or maybe they were just that impressive that they couldn't be followed up. Either way it was impressive.

Looking back towards Jim, she took a moment to think of how she wanted to say it, before going the easy way. "I can turn your worst fears against you. That's all," she explained simply. Seeming troubled, she rested her elbow on the table and her chin in the palm of her hand and scrunched her face up in wonder. "Though it usually works better than that. You did well for a shivering wimp." Her barbed tongue was still as sharp as ever, even in defeat. The degree of her loss did something to soften the blow, convincing her that it wasn't a fight she would be able to win anyways. But she still wanted a fair fight later. For now... Holding out her hand again, she offered a small grin. "I'm Asheton."

Sponsor

Sponsor

Jim Lavay
4th Semester
Race: Human
Weapon: Ruin (Left) and Restoration (Right)
Semblance: Adrenaline Rush (Unending Fury)

Post by Jim Lavay » Sat Jun 10, 2017

Jim listened as his opponent explained her semblance it sounded quite powerful. There was little question that he may attempt to avoid her in the training matches if that same distraction had occurred in his head in the middle of a fight he could only image the results. Of course, he snapped out of this day dream by the girl's little dig at his courage. Chuckling he responded accept it was in a more playful tone. "Heh, and you did well to short stuff." Smiling afterwards he circled back to comment on her semblance. "That's pretty cool. I can definitely see how that could turn the tide of a fight, hell you almost had me."

When the girl, Asheton, introduced herself Jim smiled and returned the greeting reaching out with his own arm. "It's good to meet you, officially... I guess I had to beat yah to learn your name huh." He again laughed a bit before continuing. "Although, like I said before I'm certain I've seen you around before. You've been here a while, right?" After the intense match her tried to keep his tone light as he continued to let his semblance wash away.

Holding his fist after the introduction up Jim playfully laughed again as it was only fair that he divulged his semblance. "Yah, my semblance is pretty much what you saw there. I'm just passively strong, but when I'm pressed or in trouble my instincts kind of take over and my strength shoots through the roof." Eyeing up the girl's hand and arm he did make sure to sort of apologize. "Sorry, by the way if I hurt you there. I've come a long way, but I still kind of lose some control when it activates." He held an uneasy smile in the hopes that she wasn't really hurt.
Personal Motto: What doesn't kill you makes you stronger, and nothing can kill me.
Favorite Quote: Maximum Effort!

Talking: ----- Thinking:

Jim's Theme Song : Indestructible : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4A3c2RKTJ4I

Asheton Wilhelm
4th Semester

Post by Asheton Wilhelm » Sun Jun 11, 2017

Her face immediately contorted into one of venom and spite. Okay, maybe it was fair to call her short. Maybe she was. A very big maybe. It was still rude to call her so. Then again, she called him a 'shivering wimp.' "You--hmph." Growling, before stopping herself, she decided it was best to let it drop for this one time. Everybody gets one, right? Well this was his one, and he would know next time when he crossed the line.

"Been here for a long while now, yea. About two and a half years." It really was a wonder the two hadn't met. Asheton liked to think she was pretty active in the Beacon community, but then again, after the reappearance of one nightmare of a man, perhaps she was misled and had been avoiding people way too much for her own good. It would be best she move on. Shrugging, she looked off to the side and scratched at her cheek, lost in thought. "I don't know. I feel like I'd remember you if we did meet, but it's entirely possible I've forgotten."

Interrupted from her thoughts by his talk on semblances, she glanced at Jim until she realized he was apologizing, and looked away grumbling. "No, no, it's fine. I'm fine." Asheton shook her arm out experimentally, feeling it wince as she bent it and flexed her fingers. It would complain about moving for a little while longer. Her aura had done well to prevent any actual damage--thank god for it, because internal bleeding would just about be a nightmare for her--but aura or no aura, her arm had been twisted the wrong way and no amount of training or preparation would allow her to transcend the laws of faunus anatomy. "It's a good ability, I can tell you that much. I can't even use mine on Grimm..." She crossed her arms and turned her face to the ground, sighing. It would be fun to watch a Grimm tremble, but their capacity for emotion was minimal at best.

Jim Lavay
4th Semester

Post by Jim Lavay » Sat Jun 17, 2017

With a bit of a shrug Jim laughed. "Heh, my memory is about as awful as it comes so if you don't remember I doubt I would." Although, in all fairness this school seemed to be littered with bad ass short girls. A thought that caused him to laugh a bit more. "Well, regardless it's always fun to meet someone else who can hold their own against my strength."

Relieved to hear that he hadn't caused any real damage to the girl her quickly replied. "Glad to hear that, it's bad enough when I get chewed out by the nurses at the clinic for my own injuries. They really would tear into me if I started sending other students there." Wiping his head playfully Jim smiled until the girl kind of down played her own semblance. "It may not be especially useful against Grimm, but luckily huntsmen have a wide array of roles they can choose from. Sadly, there are people out there who are just as bad or maybe even worse than the Grimm." A topic that he felt in quite a way about given some of his late-night activities although he wasn't about to bring those up to someone he just met.

Despite his earlier concerns about what Ashe's semblance may do to a person in combat Jim couldn't help himself. "I may just have to see sometime how that semblance works in a real fight. Assuming of course you think you're up to it." Winking at her, he playfully flexed his arm taunting her as he could never resist taking on a worthy opponent. In this case she would offer him a challenge in a way that few could as fear was never something that even remotely crossed his mind.
Personal Motto: What doesn't kill you makes you stronger, and nothing can kill me.

Asheton Wilhelm
4th Semester

Post by Asheton Wilhelm » Tue Jun 27, 2017

It was entirely possible they had shared classes or met prior to this match, but it wasn't within her to try and figure it out. Wherever it was that Jim had seen her around, they hadn't interacted, so it didn't matter much. At the very least he admitted that she was able to hold her own against him, to a degree. The odds were stacked against her with his semblance being much more direct physically than her own. "Trust me, I'll be fine. I'm not hurt, and I manage to find my way around it." Her own strength and agility helped in dealing with Grimm, making up for her semblance's flaws.

And there was no chance that Asheton was going to accept that kind of pandering from someone after nearly winning. Just a little more effort and maybe she would have had it. She knew huntresses did more than fight Grimm. Plenty of criminals to terrify into submission. Lots of places that needed general security. But Asheton just didn't know what to do half the time when it came to thinking about what she would do past Beacon.

Luckily she was distracted by the very cocky Jim. She wasn't sure if it was a challenge or just him toying with her wounded pride, but the fox wasn't having any of it lashing her tail with a grin. "Hah! Is that a question? Of course I am. I'd kick your ass any day." An arm wrestle and a training match were two very different things. Though she hadn't fought another student in a while, ever since her sparring accident a couple of months back, she knew that she wouldn't make the same mistake again.

Jim Lavay
4th Semester

Post by Jim Lavay » Sat Jul 08, 2017

Thus far Jim had been doing everything in his power to make sure that the girl was alright, and he even made sure to compliment her on being a worthy foe. However, when she was forward enough to outwardly say that she would 'kick his ass' the boys smile dropped slightly.

So, crossing his arms and leaning back in his chair Jim again eyed the fox faunus up and down. He couldn't help himself he was just too competitive by nature. "Kick my ass, huh... any day?" Pausing a moment, he let his more serious tone sink in before continuing. "Care to put your money where your mouth is?" Granted he wasn't the greatest 1 on 1 combatant on the planet, but he had a bit of a reputation for being overly violent so he didn't get too many fight requests these days.

Once the brief pause had passed Jim leaned forward again, and this time his smile had returned in the form of a large smirk. "Because if you're up for it I can grab my sword right now, and we can do this thing!" Standing up slightly the boy pulled the same trick he did before flexing his muscles attempting to make himself look as big as possible. Of course, underneath all this showmanship he was more than slightly concerned that with this girl’s semblance she could probably take him. However, his competitiveness or perhaps it was just purely pride at this point pushed him to continue encouraging her to fight.