Soft Hums and First Meetings (Private)

An indoor general area safe from Grimm monsters and a general place to lounge and dine.
Aideen Primrose
1st Semester
Race: Faunus
Weapon: Moon Crystalia
Semblance: Sanitatem Regeneratio

Post by Aideen Primrose » Wed Sep 13, 2017

The sounds of Sick Like Me filled her room, a dainty hand reached out from underneath a black blanket to grab her glasses to put them on and then grabbed her scroll to end the sounds of her alarm. Swinging her legs over the edge of the bed as she stood up, slender arms rising above her head as soft lips parted to let out a soft and squeaky yawn before she stood up to slip her feet into a pair of dark purple slippers. She was getting back into her old routine of waking up, eat breakfast, and then go back to her room to get ready for the day. Tugging at the ridiculously oversized shirt, the collar falling over one shoulder, she began to make her way out of the dorm building to the cafeteria. Nearly forgetting to grab her earbuds on her way out.

Upon reaching her destination, her eyes looked around tiredly at the large room to take in what tables were available to sit and what tables she should avoid. Making her way to the line, the faunus unwinded her earbuds and pushed one end into the jack while she placed only one bud into her ear, scrolling through her music until settling on a song named One Wish Away. Lowering her scroll, she raised a hand to tiredly push up the bottom of her glasses to rub at her eyes to clear the grogginess from them. Once she got to the food part, her eyes widened as a soft squeal escaped from her vocals. This was so much better than Signal's food! Grabbing eggs, bacon, an orange, and a large mug filled with coffee, she walked around the cafeteria.

After finding the perfect place, she sat down and place the tray on the table top before setting to work on peeling the skin off the orange, humming to herself to calm herself. There was so much more noise going on, the soft hum of other students talking was getting to her slightly and she hated it. Normally, Aideen was very kind and loving, but in the morning, she was grumpy. Once the orange was successfully peeled, she rested her elbow on the table as she set to work on pulling the wedges from each other, getting lost in her own thoughts.

Sponsor

Sponsor

Shiro Ninkasi
1st Semester
Weapon: Glass Club
Semblance: Crom

Re: Soft Hums and First Meetings (Private)

Post by Shiro Ninkasi » Wed Sep 13, 2017

The morning sun rose, signaling the beginning of a brand new day. Its light went through the window at Shiro's room completely effortlessly, as the young fox preferred to sleep without curtains than with them. As the rays hit her face, her fox ears twitched several times before she finally opened her eyes. Not so long after that, Shiro got out of her bed. Then, as she let out a light and cute yawn, the young fox stretched her arms and began taking her clothes for a quick morning bath.

Continuing from after she took the bath, Shiro decided that it was time for breakfast already. With the idea of having a good food in mind, the fox made her way to the cafeteria.

As it was natural, the place was bursting with activity. People were all around the place- they talked, ate and some even played board and video games while they enjoyed their breakfast. Wishing to retain a low profile, Shiro made it to the line while trying to make as little eye contact with anyone as possible. After getting to the food area, the fox began to choice the dishes and drinks that would compose her breakfast: A tower of 5 pancakes with honey spreaded above them, a glass full of orange juice and an apple as some kind of natural dessert. Satisfied with her choice, Shiro carefully took the tray and began to look for a place to sit.

Most of the tables that her eyes could see were full of strangers, with a couple of spare seats situated way to near of them for her own good. Luckily for the young fox, she managed to find a table with only a single person occupying it. At first, she had decided to sit away from the person in question, but then the words of her partner resounded in her head, "Shiro- you can't keep on avoiding people whenever you can, otherwise, you won't be able to get far in this place."

Knowing that what Crom said was the truth, Shiro made her way to the seat next to the lone girl and sat on it. After that, she carefully let the tray on the table and then turned to the female student there. She seemed to be kinda engrossed in what she was doing and she thought it would be impolite to interrupt her, but it would be equally impolite if her to just sit there and say nothing. In the end, the fox came to a decision.

"H-H-Hi, w-want t-to t-t-talk...?" It was her first time beginning a conversation, so she was very nervous and stuttered a lot more than usual. I-I h-hope I-I'm t-taking the r-right decision h-here... thought Shiro, awaiting for the other girl's answer.
Shiro: #FCFBE3
Crom: #D2691E

"W-will I do well...?"
"Ya will do just fine, Nini."
"A-alright, s-sis..."

Aideen Primrose
1st Semester

Post by Aideen Primrose » Fri Sep 15, 2017

Once the wedges were successfully peeled, she took three of them and began to squeeze the juice out of all three separately into her mug of coffee, humming the song quietly to herself. A smell that was a mixture of coffee and orange wafted around her and the surrounding area. Then she heard someone talking, or stuttering at least. Aideen didn't think the girl was talking to her at first and it wasn't until she looked to her side that it finally hit her. Not only did she realize that she had been spoken to, but the female is right there had given her a little scare. With her heart beat pounding away in her chest, a soft squeak escaped from her vocals.

'What did she say? Oh gods, why wasn't I paying attention...' She thought to herself as she forced herself to calm down from the initial shock. Placing the now juiceless wedges of oranges, a bright smile played across her dark pink lips and revealing the points of her fangs in the process "Of course! I wouldn't mind at all. I'm Aideen and I'm new." She stated cheerfully, using one hand to scoot over her own breakfast to give the female room if she so wanted more room.

After she was done moving the stuff around, the faunus then reached up to pull the earbud from her ear, letting it fall to her lap. During this point, Aideen was pushing down her grumpiness so that she could at least appear friendly and approachable so early in the morning. Raising her right hand, she would push the center part of her glasses up the bridge of her nose while looking over the female. She was so adorable! Not to mention how she wanted to touch her ears, possibly rub them too. But this faunus must be the palest person that Aideen had ever seen. Soon after fixing her glasses, Aideen bumped the bottom of her hand against her forehead, forgetting to have given the girl a handshake. Extending the same hand, she held it out for the other girl to shake it if she so wanted to. "You're kind of adorable."

Shiro Ninkasi
1st Semester

Post by Shiro Ninkasi » Sun Sep 17, 2017

Once the girl turned at her, Shiro could take a better look at this person's appearance. What almost immediately caught her attention were those plump lips, whose pitch black color was as dark as night itself, not to mention that pair of small fangs popping out. Her eyes were second to catch Shiro's sight, as she had never seen eyes of different color before- maybe it would be with saving that fact for a later question. Finally, her clothes, just as dark as his lips, had some sort of relaxing vibe to them- ah, and if Crom were to be here, she'd immediately point out (and complain) about the size of her chest.

Once Shiro had finished her quick appraisal of the girl in question, Aideen made her move too and introduced herself. A-Ah... I-I forgot t-to i-introduce myself f-first again... N-Nice job, m-me... she thought, giving a sarcastic scold to herself at the end of it. Then, Shiro began with her own introduction as well, "N-Nice to meet y-you t-too, A-Aideen..." As always, she wondered if she had gotten her name right, "M-Mine is S-Shiro a-and I-I'm also new- j-just joined yesterday, a-actually..." It was a relief to know that Aideen was a newcomer, just like she was, T-This s-should m-make things l-less awkward, r-right?

After that, Shiro felt how the gothic gave an stare at her, but it was kinda short; she supposed that Aideen was just looking at her, just as she herself did moments ago. I-I hope t-that m-my stare d-didn't f-felt l-like t-this t-to her, it feels k-kinda weird... she thought.

Shortly afterwards, Aideen had seemingly finished with her visual inspection, she have extended her hands towards her, in an attempt to do a handshake with her, most sentenceWith her attempt, though, also came along a single, short sentence. "!" As this was being said, Shiro's cheeks turned a little bit red, although her pale skin couldn't be able to hide it, and her pupils were shaking a bit too. Despite all that, she was able to extend her hand and grasp Aideen's, doing the handshake. W-Why s-she s-said that o-out o-of a s-s-sudden...? I-I'm s-so embarrassed t-that I c-c-can't s-say a w-word...

Once she let go of the handshake, Shiro placed her hand on her chest and let out several breaths in and out repeteadly in the hopes this would help her return to a more calmer state. Thankfully, it didn't took long for her to somewhat straighten her mind again. Then, she decided that she should as well say a compliment to Aideen there, "W-Well, I-I think t-that all t-that b-black s-suits y-you... I-it looks k-kinda e-elegant a-and m-mature...

"W-will I do well...?"
"A-alright, s-sis..."

Aideen Primrose
1st Semester

Post by Aideen Primrose » Mon Sep 18, 2017

Aideen was, in all honesty, use to the stares that were pointed her way. She knew she didn't dress to the norms of society and she was rather happy that she didn't. It was a style that she was rather relaxed in and was able to be herself despite how dark her clothing and makeup was. So, as Shiro sized her up, she didn't even bat an eye. But as the cute faunus began to speak, Aideen tilted her head to listen to the female talk. Shiro was also the first person that she met that stuttered so much and she couldn't get over that fact.

"Well, Shiro. It is nice to meet you and I hope we both enjoy attending Beacon. It seems like a pretty cool place to be." She responded, her free hand moving to push the curly mess of hair from one side of her head and to the other, causing the curls to bounce freely. Noticing the light shade of red gracing Shiro's cheek was enough to cause Aideen to pinch her cheeks and dolt on her about how adorable was. But despite this, she curled her dainty fingers around the other female's hand and gave a firm but gently shake before letting go to pick up an orange wedge to nibble on it.

It didn't even cross Aideen's mind that her look over of Shiro might have made her uncomfortable, but it was the morning and her brain wasn't functioning properly yet. But when Shiro complimented her, a bright red color played across the surface of her cheeks as she closed her eyes, the bright and friendly smile playing across her lips. "Thank you so much! I often get asked if I need the suicide hotline though." She responded, her lips forming into a momentary frown.

"But you look just as good with your white and red color scheme, it makes you look unique and beautiful." She responded with a proper compliment after she was finished chewing and swallowing the orange wedge completely. Grasping onto the coffee mug, she lifted it to her lips and took a small drink of it before placing it back down. 'I really want to be her friend.." She thought to herself before she perked up and pulled up her scroll. "I know this is supposed to be towards the end of the conversation, but could I get your details? I would love to keep in touch with you because you seem so nice and polite." She asked and tilted her head to the side.

Shiro Ninkasi
1st Semester

Post by Shiro Ninkasi » Tue Sep 19, 2017

"S-Suicide?!" She had just sliced a bit of the mountain when Aideen mentioned that rather surprising fact. "W-Why w-would t-they suggest y-you s-s-something like t-that?" Shiro said, a bit concerned. If Crom was there, she'd have told her that it was a prank or something, but her little partner was sleeping soundly at the moment.

Awaiting for her answer on regards to her latest sentence, Shiro noticed that she also began praising her appearance as well. "A-Ah... Thanks..." Another blush appeared, "T-These a-aren't mine, b-but of m-my s-sis- m-my p-parents g-gave them t-to me o-on m-my b-birthday..." This being said, Shiro took a quick glance of her own clothes, before facing the gothic once again. "P-People o-often w-worry about m-my l-lack of f-footwear, t-though..."
Then, she extended one if her feet to prove that fact true, showing her pale white, slender leg to Aideen for a moment, return it to below her clothes afterwards. "W-What about yours? D-do they h-have any h-history behind?"

After that, Aideen began to talk about exchanging details about something in particular. Luckily for both, Shiro realised quickly what was she probably referring to. "C-Contact... Y-you m-must mean..." Shiro slipped her left hand inside the opposite sleeve, bringing out an small device. "About this, r-right...?" She'd only wonder if she got it right, otherwise she might have made a mistake and thus embarrassed himself. "Y-you meant exchanging o-out S-Scroll n-numbers, r-right?" R-right...?

"W-will I do well...?"
"A-alright, s-sis..."

Aideen Primrose
1st Semester

Post by Aideen Primrose » Fri Sep 22, 2017

Parting her lips, Aideen looked away from the girl momentarily as she thought of a way that she could explain it carefully without alarming the poor girl. Raising a dainty hand, she gently pushed her fingers through her silky soft hair before bringing the mug to her lips. ”Well. When people see an emo or goth walking around, dressed as how they are, they most often think a few things. One of them being suicidal, other being worshiping some kind of dark lord. It's quite silly because they don't take time to learn things outside of their comfort bubble.” She responded finally, her shoulders raising in a small shrug.

Aideen didn't fault anyone for their choices, it just got tiring explaining why she chooses to dress the way she does, let alone act like a non-traditional goth. Aideen blinked, taking in the fact that the clothing used to be her sisters and that her parents just willingly gave it to Shiro. The faunus wasn't about to ask about the situation, feeling it may be a touchy subject and she wasn't ready to upset someone who seemed as kind as Shiro had seemed. ”No problem, sweety. It suits you very well. As for you walking around barefooted, I can understand the concern. There are broken glass and things that can cut them up.”

Aideen looked over the other faunus's leg and foot, taking in any detail that could be seen. A blush played across her cheeks when Shiro asked about her own. She had never really shown much of her feet, nor did she ever really feel a need to. Putting down her coffee mug, she reached down to pull off her slippers before raising it up in a similar fashion that Shiro had. Random freckles dotted along her leg and seemed more clustered together at her ankles and heel of her foot. Little scar decorated her foot, showing that she may have walked barefooted herself when she was younger.

It was no secret that Aideen had loved to feel how the ground felt under her feet and while she would have loved to do it more, she felt that doing that kind of thing during the daytime was kind of weird for her, considering there were so many strangers around. After she was done showing her foot and leg to the girl, she lowered it and gently slipped it back into its slipper while picking up her coffee again, taking small bites of her food that was on her plate. ”Yep. That is exactly what I mean.” She gave a nod, a bright smile playing across her lips. ”I would like to keep in contact with you and befriend you. You seem like you may need friends and you are too cute and adorable not to really have any here.”

Shiro Ninkasi
1st Semester

Post by Shiro Ninkasi » Sun Sep 24, 2017

A confused look took over her face as Shiro's heard Aideen's explanation.
"W-Well... began the fox, "I-I think they s-should definitely learn more about those c-cultures—j-judging a p-person like that on f-fight sight is m-mean... That being said, her expression slowly turned to one of relief, then she added, "I'm g-glad y-you're o-okay though. Really, Shiro wouldn't know how to handle a person with such troubles, like wanting to end their life, even if she honestly wants to help them.

Another blush, this time more controlled, appeared on her cheeks as the goth bat complimented her. "I'm v-very c-careful about t-these kind of t-things, honestly... Shiro replied, referring to the second part of her friend's statement. "I-I appreciate t-the concern, n-nonetheless..."

"U-Uh..." Shiro had again that confused look as she saw Aideen's "naked" feet. The few scars alarmed her for a moment, but decided to not inquire and instead kept her mouth shut—there was another thing that was troubling her after all. "A-Aideen..." said the fox, trying to call her attention, then continued, "W-What I m-meant before w-was t-that if your c-clothes h-had any kind o-of history..." A brief blush could be seen, as Shiro had become a bit embarrassed about her own mistake at wording. If she was around, that mistake would have not happened...

Afterwards, Aideen brought her feet down and began to eat some of the food she had brought. Mimicking her, Shiro got a hold of her juice while she grabbed the slice of pancakes from before and fit it on her mouth, carefully munching it down, then took an small sip of her orange beverage. Satisfaction showed on her face, as Shiro let out a barely audible "mm~" with her eyes closed and her hands placed on each cheek. However, she rapidly noticed the kind of face she was putting and returned to an slightly apologetic one.

Then, Aideen answered Shiro's question from before, eventually proving her guess to be the right one. "I-I se—" she wanted to continue, but was cut short by the goth's comment. Her face became very red and blushing from the two compliments, while a shocked expression adorned her pretty face. "F-Friend...? Y-You a-a-actually w-want to b-become m-m-my f-f-f-friend...? It was hard to define how she felt then. Shiro was happy, but embarrassed and scared at the same time. She had never asked to become friends with anyone so quickly, but not only that, but it was the first time she was about to become friends with a person out of her village. "I-I..." Doubt plagued her mind, as always when in similar situations, however, after the words of not only Crom, but all of the people of her hometown resounded on hot mind—"Be sure to make many friends and become happy and brave!"—the fox finally made up her mind. "S-Sure, I'd love to b-become y-your f-friend... Aideen." The blushing on cheeks became less intense and an smile had appeared on her face as she said those words.

"W-will I do well...?"
"A-alright, s-sis..."

Aideen Primrose
1st Semester

Post by Aideen Primrose » Tue Oct 03, 2017

Aideen's lips parted and formed into an 'o' form, feeling silly for assuming that the girl was talking about feet when they were previously speaking about clothing. She didn't really have any important history to her own clothing. She just joined the fashion despite it not fitting well with her own personality. Biting down on the inside of her cheek, the fang digging sharply into the delicate flesh inside. She stayed like this until she noticed the face that Shiro made. A pleasant smile played across her own lips, head tilting carefully to the side.

After the girl's face returned to the apologetic look, a soft sigh escaped from her lungs. It had seemed that Shiro was comfortable for just a moment. Raising a hand, Aideen curled her fingers except for her index finger and lightly booped the tip of the girl's nose. "Not really. I'm just most comfortable with this fashion and style of clothing." She finally responded, picking at the soft fabric that made up her sleeping shirt.

The stuttering from the adorable fox had caught her attention, questioning her on if she wanted to be friends. If her expression could become any brighter in that moment, it would have. "Of course I do." She stated, moving her head in a quick nod as messy curls bounced from the movement. But then she noticed the doubt, a look of concern played across her own facial features until the fox had given her answer. A soft squee escaped from Aideen's vocals, becoming giddy with happiness that she finally had a friend.

Aideen was about to lean over to wrap the cute little fox up in a hug until she remembered how nervous and shy she was. So instead, a soft hum of happiness escaped from her. "Thank you so much, Shiro! You are the greatest! Oh!" She exclaimed before going through her scroll to get to the contact list. Once she was there, she held it out to the female to input her information.

Shiro Ninkasi
1st Semester

Post by Shiro Ninkasi » Fri Oct 06, 2017

"I-I see... Well, t-that is g-good—wear c-clothes t-that you l-like, I-I mean..." Shiro replied to Aideen's response about her clothes. They didn't seem to be out of the ordinary, apparently. Also, they did mesh well with her calm aptitude so far, making her look more mature and elegant than what she probably was.

Hearing Aideen's positive made her happy and less doubtful back then, but said doubt was still present and it wouldn't fade at all until the fox gave the female her answer. Shiro felt that having doubts while Aideen showed such a happy semblance could be considered mean and/or wrong, but she couldn't help it. She was born and grew like that, insecure above all things. However, we already know that the fox's answer was positive, so let's move from there and continue...

"Y-Yeah, I-I'm pretty happy t-too... I-I mean, Aideen, y-you're m-my first friend in this p-place..." Shiro announced, watching Aideen's reaction with her mouth formed into an slightly shy smile and a faint blush appearing on her cheeks. She also noticed how the goth looked at her for a second, like if about to do something, but ultimately doing nothing at all. She'd only wonder what her intentions were.

Then, Aideen showed the fox her scroll's screen. It was displaying her contact info, so Shiro proceeded to add all of it into her own device. "L-Let's see... I push here... And then there... R-right... It was quite cute to see her tapping the screen of the scroll slowly and carefully, like if was the first time she ever used it—it wasn't though.

"O-Okay, I think I'm done, said Shiro, showing the screen of her own scroll to Aideen for her to check if everything was correct. Then, Shiro brought it to herself and began to search for her own contact info, so the goth could add her as well. "T-There you go." Her face looked less shy than before, actually, you'd say that Shiro looked pretty happy for how she normally behave.

"W-will I do well...?"
"A-alright, s-sis..."