Tea Break? (Open)

An indoor general area safe from Grimm monsters and a general place to lounge and dine.
Jasper Chang
1st Semester
Race: Human
Weapon: Hu Tuifa
Semblance: Stupor Wave

Tea Break? (Open)

Post by Jasper Chang » Mon Oct 09, 2017

The sun loomed lazily over the horizon and slowly began it's descent into the western lands. The sunlight that seeped into the dining hall through it's tall windows gave the building a warm orange glow, and the small crowd of students within looked to be sluggish. This was true for Jasper as well, who sat at one of the tables alone with his right hand rested underneath his chin, propping up his head. He blinked slowly and yawned, before stretching out his arms with audible cracks.

Jasper had a long day wandering about Beacon, going from place to place in an effort to familiarize himself with the area. Some of the professors were kind enough to give him some directions and load up his scroll with all the information he would need for his new life at the academy, but when they offered to show him around themselves he refused. The green haired young man needed to get away from everyone for a moment, and recharge with some grub. Maybe get soup stock and boil it in some noodles. A cup of tea would be greatly appreciated as well. It was disheartening to hear that dinner had apparently ended an hour before he arrived.

“Maybe...” he muttered, letting go of his chin and letting his arm fall to the table below with a thump. “Well... I've got my own food and kettle here. I'll go to the kitchen and see if they need any help.” he thought. It'd be a fair trade in his mind. Washing dishes in exchange for letting him use their cooking appliances and amenities. Jasper slung his leather messenger bag over his shoulder and carried his rucksack in his left hand as he made his way to the back of the mess hall.

“You know, this isn't so bad.” he stated. His long green hair was tied back into a ponytail and his arms were elbow deep in a sudsy sink. There were high stacks of already cleaned dishes on a counter to his right, which he was proud of. One of the kitchen staff, a large gruff individual with brown hair and stubble, mostly kept to himself as he continued to mop down the place. He wasn't very interested in the idle banter Jasper attempted to engage in, but he failed to take note of this and continued to talk. "I used to work at a restaurant back home, so there'd always be an endless mountain of dishes like you wouldn't believe. This is nothing."

"Think you could finish up here then, kid?" he replied, as he put the mop and bucket into a storage closet, and untied his apron. "Huh?" Jasper let out a huff of air as he examined the now sparkling white tiled floor and spotless counters. Jasper himself wasn't far from being finished so he waved the larger gentleman off. "Yeah, no problem." he nodded.

After the gruff man left the room, Jasper dried off his hands and started digging around his rucksack. He took out a weathered black iron kettle and filled it with water from the faucet before setting it down on a stove top. He flicked the dial and set it on medium-high, before he started drying the last of his dishes. Each of them clattered loudly as he added each of them to the large stack. He whistled a loud, but pleasant tune as he worked so anyone just outside the door in the dining hall could hear it.
Speech:"Dizzy Tiger!"
Thought:"...what? It's a darn good movie."

Tea Break? (Open)

Sponsor

Sponsor

Silver Lazurite
1st Semester
Race: Faunus
Weapon: Lupis UpRising
Semblance: Ouroboros

Re: Tea Break? (Open)

Post by Silver Lazurite » Mon Oct 09, 2017

Silver was leaning against one the wall in the hallway finishing with the maintenance of his sword. He smiled once he had seen his reflection and switched it back to the shield and hung it over his back. He was happily walking down the hallway when his ears twitched because he had picked up faint sounds coming from dining hall. ‘I didn’t know they were still open.’ He then walked closer and stood outside the door listening to the nice tone before peeking inside. He looked around as he slowly walked in “ Seems like there’s no one else here, well besides the person making whistling of course” he mumbled as he followed the sound. He walked up to the counter and leaned over seeing a green haired guy “Hello I didn’t know the dining hall was still open?” He asked curiously as he placed his finger on his chin. He then broke out into a smile “I’m Silver, nice to meet you” he says smiling as his ears twitch once again and he extends his hand hoping for a handshake.
"Don't tell me your gonna conquer the world? Pathetic, can't you come up with something more original."- Silver Lazurite
‘Thinking’
“Talking”

Jasper Chang
1st Semester

The dishes continued to clatter in the sink as Jasper worked on cleansing them. Some of them had dried up mashed potatoes clinging on defiantly to which the young man let out a groan. “Hate it when this happens.” he muttered before getting a sponge and scrubbing it down vigorously. Jasper's job was interrupted by the sound of the door opening and someone coming in behind him. He turned his head around briefly to see that it was a slightly older man with what appeared to be a shield on his back. The grey ears protruding from the top of his head made it obvious that he was a Faunus of some sort.

“Oh, hey.” Jasper greeted, waving a dripping hand towards the new person. Silver introduced himself and extended his hand forwards. He dried his hands with a small dishcloth before he took it into his own hand and shook it. “No, the dining hall is closed. I'm just doing a little job for the staff in exchange for use of their kitchen. Name's Jasper, by the way.” he explained, and offered a small smile in return. The other person looked grizzled when Jasper got a good look at him over the counter.

“Are you a huntsman, Silver?” he asked without pause. Jasper leaned back onto the sink counter as he examined the other person and continued to make note of his appearance. "Can't be a student, right?"

Silver Lazurite
1st Semester

Post by Silver Lazurite » Mon Oct 09, 2017

After Silver shook his hand his still had a smile on his face as he listened to the guy speak. He then sighed lightly once he heard the dining room was closed ‘Hmm I didn’t know they did that here, I wonder where I’m going to find someplace to eat, actually what am I going to eat’ he pondered as he leaned on the counter still lost in his thoughts. Jasper’s voice broke his train of though bringing Silver back to reality. Silver’s ears twitched and a huge smile grew on his face when he Jasper thought he was a huntsman. Silver began laughing lightly “Who me a huntsman?” He asked as he stopped his laughter. He then reached into his pocket to show his scroll “I’m honored that you thought I was a huntsman but I’m not. You see I’m actually a student just like you, I actually got here a few days ago.” Silver said proudly and he took a break to catch his breathe. “ What made you think i was a huntsman anyway?” He asked as he tilted his head to the side. He was curious about what made him stand out and look like an official huntsman.
"Don't tell me your gonna conquer the world? Pathetic, can't you come up with something more original."- Silver Lazurite
‘Thinking’
“Talking”

Jasper Chang
1st Semester

“You serious?” Jasper said, raising an eyebrow in response to what Silver had just said. He was in disbelief for a brief moment until the other person pulled out a white scroll from his pocket and showed him that Silver was indeed a student just like him. He leaned in and began eyeing the scroll closely. He then reeled back and scratched his cheek in mild bewilderment as the Silver laughed. “You could've fooled me, man.” he stated with a shrug before turning his attention back towards the soaked dishes that needed drying. The question that was asked caused him to look upwards at the ceiling with a quizzical expression.

“Well...” Jasper began. He set a few more dishes down that were balanced precariously at the edge of the counter before giving it more thought. “You just seem a little older than I am, I suppose. You gave off this sense of maturity, and I figured that you might've been a huntsman just by going on that feeling alone. Your weapon and grizzled appearance made it seem that way too. Didn't cross my mind that you might be a student.” He explained. There was a dull whistle coming from the kettle that Jasper had set down previously, which was beginning to get sharper and louder indicating that it had come to a boil.

“Ah cool, finally.” Jasper said with a grin, as he rummaged through his rucksack and brought out some teabags. He popped open the kettle's top and dropped a couple of said bags in it before turning the stove off. “Did you say that you wanted something to eat?” he asked before he crouched down and dug around the kitchen's cupboards for a pot. There was audible metal clanging as he looked through each and every one. “I've got this huge craving for some fried rice, and I'm about to cook some up.”

Silver Lazurite
1st Semester

Post by Silver Lazurite » Tue Oct 10, 2017

Silver had put his scroll away back in his pocket as his smile disappeared and he waited for his answer. Once he heard the reason why Jasper thought he was a huntsman he had a shocked expression on his face ‘me mature and grizzly?’ Silver pondered as he placed his hand on his chin and closed his eyes to give it some more thought ‘yeah I probably an I few years older than him so I guess I kinda look mature...’ he sighed as he snapped back to reality and chuckled “ I don’t think I’m that mature.” He said as before the teapot whistled drawing his attention to it. It then looked over at Jasper as he went and looked for a pot to cook. Silver placed a hand on his stomach and smiled brightly “ Fried rice, that sounds great of course I’ll have some.Do you want me to make the tea while you cook?”He then placed both hands on the counter as he watched Jasper prepare to cook.
‘Thinking’
“Talking”

Jasper Chang
1st Semester

Post by Jasper Chang » Tue Oct 10, 2017

"I call em' as I see em', Silver." Jasper said with a light shrug, before he pulled a glistening steel pot from the cupboard below. He nodded as he twirled the pot in his hand with a satisfied grin on his face. "This'll do nicely, very nicely."

He then shifted his attention to the stove, and mentally berated himself for turning it off when he'd need some more boiled water. As Jasper turned the dial to a medium-high heat once more and positioned the pot, Silver offered to help him with the tea, to which Jasper smirked in response. "Sure. I already popped a few teabags in the kettle, but I'd appreciate it if you looked around for a pair of cups. Maybe find a lil' sugar if you want some." he replied. Seeing that the water would take a while to boil, Jasper decided to chop and dice some vegetables he found in a refrigerator earlier.

"So, what brought you to Beacon?" he asked as he laid a cutting board onto the table and pulled a knife out of a drawer. His eyes were focused on Silver as he began cutting carefully into some green peppers. "Aside from the obvious training to be a huntsman thing, of course. I'd assume everyone's here for that reason. Ha."

Silver Lazurite
1st Semester

Post by Silver Lazurite » Tue Oct 10, 2017

Silver nodded his head and closed his eyes as he realized that some people might confuse him for a huntsman since he’s slightly older. He opened his eyes again and hopped over the counter and begun to look through the cabinets. He was grinning since he liked helping people somewhat also he figured he should help anyway since he was going eat and drink some tea as well. As he rummaged through the cabinets he found out where the cups where and he reached for one picking it up carefully. He was still excited full of joy until Jasper asked about his reason for joining beacon, he dropped a cup on the floor and his face turned to one of dispair as he recalled his true reason for joining beacon. He then crouched down to pick up the cup and he turned around as he smiled. Since he had the thought of his past in his mind his smile was crooked and he stood up and gathered up some cups and and went to look for sugar as he glanced over at Jasper “ Of course I joined to be a huntsman but I can’t tell you the main reason it’s linked to my past, I’m not going to bring it up to a someone I just met” Silver said and he found the sugar and placed them on the counter next to the cups.
‘Thinking’
“Talking”

Jasper Chang
1st Semester

Post by Jasper Chang » Wed Oct 11, 2017

When Silver effortlessly hopped over the counter and began searching for the cups, Jasper had finished up with the vegetables and dragged them over the wooden cutting board into a small pan with the knife's edge. As the young man set the pan down on the counter, something bounced against the floor and made a crashing noise that caused Jasper to jump in response to. "Hey, man. Be careful!" he called out with a tone of annoyance, since he had just helped finished cleaning everything in this room. A tiny sack of long grain rice was already laid before the stove so, Jasper just had to empty the contents into the pot. He let out a short grunt when he did, since Silver had started becoming more withdrawn than what he would've hoped. "Excuse me for being curious." he stated with a shrug as he brought the kettle over to him and poured it's contents into the empty cups.

"I came from a tight-knit family in a small town, so we never really had any trouble with sharing. Town's called Qing Hu, in case you were wondering." Jasper explained in an attempt to get Silver to loosen up. He pulled a spoon from another drawer, and rested an elbow onto the counter. "I only came to Beacon because I was invited, truthfully... No crazy story like most people, I'm afraid. I just found my semblance one day and boom. Invitation in the mail." he said with some disdain and disappointment in his dull voice. He then shook his head, and smiled as he scooped up some sugar. "Anyway, one spoon or two?"
Last edited by Jasper Chang on Wed Oct 11, 2017, edited 1 time in total.

Silver Lazurite
1st Semester

Post by Silver Lazurite » Wed Oct 11, 2017

Silver back turned around and back placing his hands on the counter. His ears now laying almost flat on his head as he closed his eyes and sighed he then opened them and turned to Jasper “ Yeah I know sorry if I came off as being rude” he said humbly with a serious face. Silver then listened to his story and nodded with approval “ I’ll take two sugars.” Silver then paused for a moment to contrentrate on what to say next “..... oh. Umm I think it’s great the you got invited, Beacon is a great school and to get invited personally means you have some skill... me on the other hand.” Silver took a short pause and closed his eyes momentarily as he thought about his promise to himself “ Well my story is kind of long I would want to bore you with a long and painful story like mine.” Silver took a deep breathe and turned his head towards Jasper “ Well the short version is that I want to become a huntsman to gain enough strength to extract my revenge by wiping out the white fang and the Grimm.” Silver said smiling “ And well the long version I’ll tell you if you really want to hear about it.”
‘Thinking’
“Talking”