There's food at steak [Open, Please Join]

An indoor general area safe from Grimm monsters and a general place to lounge and dine.
Axel Ashbourn
1st Semester
Race: Human
Weapon: Vanguard
Semblance: Soul Within the Shell

Re: There's food at steak [Open, Please Join]

Post by Axel Ashbourn » Fri Jan 26, 2018

The moment he was being called a "hero" was the moment that Axel began to chuckle darkly. "Oh, trust me when I say this; I am no hero." He would look at each individual standing behind the front man and give them all a grin filled with dark amusement. "A hero would have come in and made this situation fizzle out easily. Me? I'd be more than willing to take this to the training hall. The peanut gallery in the back would serve as a good warmup... Maybe." He would look back down to the front man and give him a quick once over. "As for you... I know your type. Saw a good number of you in Atlas when I trained there alongside the military. Pompous rich kid with a bark far out-scaling their bite. I bet you came here because you were too scared to enlist." He would say with a cold tone, lined with disgust.

Axel would have kept up with the taunting, had not the faunus girl started waving something in his peripheral. Glancing over his shoulder, he would see a remote in her hands, and a mischievous smirk to go with it. Grinning warmly at her, he would quickly activate his semblance and look at the remote closely, recognizing the wireless connection. With another chuckle, he would look back at the group with glowing silver eyes. "The girl doesn't need anyone to fight for her, I only stepped in to give her a little breathing room. Keep well in mind that you fools are the instigators in this situation. So what's your next play hmm? Care to try your luck with us? Or will you walk away with your tails tucked between your legs?" He would say with a smirk, his hands slipping into his pockets as he took a step forward, closing the distance between him and the front man and staring him down, leaving the barest sliver of distance between them to prevent direct contact. The individual tried to goad him into attacking first, but he underestimated just how much thought Axel put into this intervention, and how much faith he had in the huntress in training behind him.
Main Theme - / Battle Theme -

To ensure that others can come home to their loved ones intact... To give them the life they deserved to live... I will make the devices that will forge that path... I swear it.

Sponsor

Sponsor

Vertram P. Greenwell
1st Semester
Weapon: Axybelle
Semblance: Spotlight

Post by Vertram P. Greenwell » Sat Jan 27, 2018

Stars above, he’d been wrong. This guy wasn’t a flavourless hero-of-the-week type at all.

This guy was a flavourless, hero-of-the-week type with the stale addition of not thinking he was trying to be a hero. How many times before had he seen or heard it? Be it in passing or during another of his unnoteworthy incidents with a faunus student, they were always all the same. Even when it wasn’t aimed at him, personally, he couldn’t help but notice how many students at Beacon Academy, a training school to make heroes, had a lot of people who apparently had no interest in actually being heroes. And, if he was being honest… he’d learned a couple things since arriving at Beacon that made him actually want to be a huntsman. It was a strange sentiment that he still found himself struggling with from time to time, but somewhere in there he was striving for betterment.

Rather than take Axel’s taunt about being too scared to enlist with the military to heart, he grinned wickedly as he formulated a quick, off-the-cuff response. It wasn’t like this boy had any way of ACTUALLY knowing his history or anything, so as long as he didn’t provide the satisfaction of a reaction, it could plausibly be denied. Glimmer seemed to snarl again from where she was still being held in the air, but merely glowered silently as the rest of the small crowd murmured things of great insignificance. Vertram himself, though, seemed to have happily taken a position of leadership among them. “Wow, edgy.” Rather than malice or disgust, he spoke with nothing but disdain for the man who stood in front of him. “It’s almost cute how you think you’d be able to take any of us on that easily. Call me whatever you like, but money doesn’t buy admission to a place like this. If they let any sucker with a fat stack of cash in here, there’d be no one actually capable of protecting humanity left. Every kid who watched one too many hero movies as a kid would ask dear mummy to please pay his tuition so he can flounder aimlessly through the lessons and get in the way of those of us who actually care. Although, frankly, with the sort they let in--” with that, he gestured pointedly and harshly towards Suki, hiding behind Axel “-- we’re as good as dead anyways. Seriously, what the hell is someone like her EVER going to be able to do?! Even if she wasn’t one of those foul animals, just look at her!”

Malice seeped from his pores as his expression turned from mockingly jaded to impassioned anger and hate. His shoulders tensed as he lowered his hand, every fibre of his being resisting the urge to quake with anger. “She. Is. NOT. Huntress. Material. Full stop, end of story. I don’t care what lame justifications you come up with, whatever garbage you try to feed me. It’s the reprobate sycophants like you that let this keep happening. Keep defending their right to be here when it is painfully and blatantly obvious that she can’t even defend herself. How the HELL do you expect her to be able to defend anyone else? Do you even care about the people out there who can’t protect themselves, or are you just looking to wear the title of huntsman like a shiny badge of honour? If you like those so much, maybe you should have stayed with the damn military!” Even the group behind him seemed a little stunned, as Suki waved her little remote around, unacknowledged by any of them.

Vertram scoffed as he pretended to inspect his nails disdainfully. Axel’s glowing silver eyes would have gotten a reaction from him under any other circumstances, but all the boy could see in that moment was red. “You say she doesn’t need anyone to fight for her, but not thirty seconds ago you made some tough-guy remark about taking this to the training hall. Specifically that you would. So, which is it? Does she need a white knight like you to valiantly fight and defend the honour she doesn’t have, or can she solve her own problems like a big girl?” Vertram shot a pointed, hateful glare at the girl hiding behind Axel before returning his focus to the taller man. He folded his arms crossly, staring up unblinkingly at the figure standing over him. "Pretend to have the moral high ground all you want. But know this - you disgust me. You're making a mockery of everything this academy once proudly stood for, and of the values some of us still actually care about upholding." He would not back down from this, but he was also not stupid enough to play the part of instigator. Throwing the first punch was no longer viable in such a place as this - that much, he had become acutely aware of all too quickly.
"I'll stop being sarcastic once you stop being stupid."

Suki Uniko
4th Semester
Race: Faunus
Weapon: Pinky and Snowy (pistols), Blossom (Sniper)
Semblance: Snow Blossom

Post by Suki Uniko » Sat Jan 27, 2018

I got in between the two as I pressed the button. My smirk wiped down to a serious look as thuds can be heard from a distance. I soon started tapping on the table beside me.

-You have probably made the worst mistake of your life-

I say in Morse as the thuds got louder and until the doors flew open. A large mechanical Beowulf that was the same colors as my white and pink clothing slowly walked towards us. I smirked again as I walked to it and climbed on its back as it was now hoveriover the group.

-Meet Fluffy, my robotic close quarters unit, also a great best friend-

I say as Fluffy let out a loud mechanical roar that sounded like metal screeching against more metal. His claws tapped on the ground for intimidation purposes. He was programmed to not harm a human or faunes, but not everyone knows that. I straightened back up as metal clicks can be heard when he moves.
I may not be able to speak, but my actions speak for me, as well as fluffy.-Suki Uniko

*noise*
-Morse code-

She can only speak in noises and Morse Code.

Axel Ashbourn
1st Semester
Weapon: Vanguard
Semblance: Soul Within the Shell

Post by Axel Ashbourn » Sat Jan 27, 2018

Axel would keep his eyes firmly on the individual in front of him as he ranted and raved with his hateful opinions. The peanut gallery behind him were effectively removed from the picture as they were stunned into silence, most likely due to the level of venom that he had said these words. For the most part, the words of the rich boy rolled off of Axel harmlessly, but upon hearing the emphasis of his comment about remaining with the military, Axel would start to laugh. The laugh was one filled with dark humor as he shook his head. "Oof, you really didn't take too kindly to my accusation of you running, did you? Your empty bluster would have actually convinced me that you were somewhat different from my initial guess, had you not let yourself slip there." Grinning, Axel would pull his hands out of his pockets and link them together behind his head, taking a more casual stance. "You need to listen when others speak, otherwise you wouldn't have made such an embarrassing blunder. I said alongside the military, not with it. I was never a part of Atlas' military, but they welcomed me to train with their best. And boy, do their best like to talk about the rich kids... In fact, before I had left, they told me about one who ran... Who knows, I may be speaking to the same one they told me about." He would grin at him with an almost knowing smirk.

Looking to the rest of the group, he would shrug at them. "You say that I can't make my mind up, but what you fail to realize is that I acted like a teammate would, giving her a chance to disengage and decide her next move." Looking back to the boy in front of him, he would grin once more. "You call her weak, that she can't defend herself. What you saw as her running, I saw as her not bothering with a fight that was below her. Stooping down to your level of blind and pointless hatred would be a waste of her skills." As he spoke, the heavy footsteps of an unknown robot would begin to ring out. The one that belonged to the wireless remote that the girl was waving around earlier. "Skills that would prove to be invaluable both on the field, and off it would seem."

Seeing that the girl had stepped between the two of them, he would step back to give her room, smiling at the morse code message she was saying, filled with confidence. Seeing the doors open, he would look closely at the mechanical beowulf and whistle low in appreciation, his semblance allowing him to take a close look at the internals. "Hell... She may not even need me to back her up at this point. Her friend is more than enough to deal with things I would say." Glancing at the group behind the boy, he would chuckle as they had all grown pale and were starting to edge away from the robot. 'Maybe it was the color?' He would muse silently as he looked back to the girl as he took her place above them on top of the robot. Upon her second coded message, the robot would roar, causing the bullies from before to scatter. "Well then... Guess it isn't every day that one encounters a pink beowulf I suppose..." He would say jokingly as he would look at the rich boy once more, silver eyes still glowing. "Bark as much as you want about your hate filled message, say all you want about how I disgust you. I will still bet you that this one here will outshine the both of us as a Huntress, and unlike you, I'm fine with that. You're the one who has to live blindly to such outdated ideals, I only have pity for one so lost in the dark."
Main Theme - / Battle Theme -

To ensure that others can come home to their loved ones intact... To give them the life they deserved to live... I will make the devices that will forge that path... I swear it.