Late night snack (private)

An indoor general area safe from Grimm monsters and a general place to lounge and dine.
Erin Cherrywood
1st Semester
Race: Faunus
Weapon: Striker
Semblance: Remember me

Post by Erin Cherrywood » Sun Nov 12, 2017

Erin walked down the halls of Beacon as night continued to drag on; like the rest of the no team students, she was staying in a large communal living space in what could basically be described as a large coed slumber party.

It was a little more than irritating for her to have to share her precious personal space with so many people, especially when so many were curious about her appearance. She had a several faunus traits, or so it would seem to the untrained eye. In reality she only had the tail. She had mechanical faunus ears built and her canines elongated a long time ago. It was easy enough for her to guilt her mother into buying her the two items since she was almost never home and felt like she was somehow responsible for her daughter's lack of friends. She wasn't to blame though, Erin just naturally hated other people. Her mother never being around wouldn't really have changed that.

Sighing she adjusted the string on her pants as she continued towards the kitchen. She was hoping to score a late night snack or at least some orange juice along with the peace and quiet that solitude had given her.

Her thoughts briefly turned to that of her childhood companion Bartok. She wondered if he was doing alright and if he'd made any friends. Sure she couldn't stand him most of the time but he was unreasonably kind to her so she felt he at least deserved some kind of worry until he settled.

Idly playing with the velvet pouch on the end of her necklace she finally rounded the corner to the kitchen.
~Being alone in the world is the root of all suffering~

Sponsor

Sponsor

Bartok Evergreen
1st Semester
Weapon: Dark Wing
Semblance: Life Steal (Undiscovered)

Re: Late night snack (private)

Post by Bartok Evergreen » Sun Nov 12, 2017

The Sun had gone down a long time ago, the Moon at about half of its zenith. Most if not all students were asleep, lying next to eachother, waiting for the days to go by till the day they were appointed a team. All the lights were off, the only sounds being made were light snores, the shuffling of sheets, or the tiny whispers from across the hall of two friends still awake.

Bartok was a bit of a night bat. Whether it be because of him being a faunus or just him preferring when everything wasn't so bright, it didn't change the fact that you get hungry when you stay up at night. Well, hungry would require getting out a bowl or plate and making some noise in this communal living space for the students, he was feeling thirsty, and Bartok was not one for noise. He was one for Orange Juice though.

In the communal kitchen, he had scented that someone had bought a carton of the stuff that day. He was hoping that it was for all the students, bought by a staff member. In the kitchen, standing in complete darkness, Bartok was uncapping the carton of juice. The smell hit him, and he smiled before lifting the carton above his mouth and started to pour it in his open maw, waterfalling it and gulping the sweet citrus down.
"We're in so much trouble, that drinking nitroglycerin and trying to get away on a pogo stick wouldn't make things any worse."

Themes
Raised By Bats
The Night

Erin Cherrywood
1st Semester

Erin stared dumbly at the figure before her downing juice like some sort of juice crazed lunatic. Sure, the odds of her being up this late at night alone were slim but man the odds of her constantly running into Bartok at a school this size must have been phenomenal and yet here she was staring the idiot she had just been worried about.

Shaking her head she sighed. Why did she even bother to worry about his safety and well being? He was obviously doing just fine on his own.

Walking closer she grabbed a carton of orange juice of her own. There wasn't much point in trying to be sneaky with his freakishly good hearing.

Opening the carton she gazed over it at him as she took a polite swig. "You seem to be doing well." She said after swallowing her mouthful.

Bartok Evergreen
1st Semester

He was absorbed in the drinking of his juice, and and the hour of the night made him practically sure no one else was up and around. He was just enjoying the citrus liquid. All until he heard the opening of the fridge not five feet from him. His eyes shot open and his ears stood straight up in attention as he tried to put down the carton quickly. One of the things he did was shutting his mouth before tipping the carton away, so quite a bit of juice splashed around his mouth and dribbled down his neck. He quickly capped it and leaned against the counter, clearing his throat as he tried to determine who has here with him.

The tiniest smell told him it was Erin, he had spent so much of his life around her. His mouth still covered in juice and starting to go sticky, it seemed she had gotten a carton of her own, and drank a bit before addressing him. "Mhmm." He cleared his throat again, slightly embarrassed to be caught like that. "So, uh, so do you. Hows your classes going?" He kept his voice soft and quite, not wanting to speak to loudly. For the sleeping students, and for himself.
"We're in so much trouble, that drinking nitroglycerin and trying to get away on a pogo stick wouldn't make things any worse."

Themes
Raised By Bats
The Night

Erin Cherrywood
1st Semester

Erin couldn't hide her smile and giggle as he quickly tried to appear cool while failing miserably. Juice waterfalled down his face all over his neck leaving him looking pretty ridiculous.

Luckily for him, his saving grace with her was always his eyes. To her they were bright crimson orbs of light. They always shined bright even though they didn't work very well. Sure he looked ridiculous, was probably horribly sticky, and would reek of citrus for hours, but she couldn't help but appreciate the full sight of his face.

"Smooth." She said giggling into her juice carton. "Maybe next time you'll be a tad more coordinated and not waste so much juice."

Taking another drink while he spoke, Erin tilted her head the slightest bit in thought. "Good I suppose. Though people are a little too curious about my appearance; it's common knowledge faunus only have one animal trait so you'd think they could figure out a few of mine are just man made additions." She said with a shrug. "Most of the classes are just introductions so I haven't learned much of anything."

Bartok Evergreen
1st Semester

He watched her giggle at his sight and his mishapes, and he was glad he could make her do that every once and a while. Most of the time he got gut punched. He also noted that she seemed to be a fan of OJ as well. "Ah, just syllabus' and talking about what the classes are, same here." He looked at her, even though she was a blurry blob to him, especially in this darkness. "You've never done well with continual onlookers. Like you said, they're just curious. New school, new peers, and normally Faunus try to hide their traits, not add more." He licked his lips, tasting that sweet citrus.

It wasn't often that Bartok was alone with Erin like he was now. Alone, in a kitchen, both wearing pajamas in the middle of the night. Didn't couples do this? "Don't bother with them if they give you crap for it."

Themes
Raised By Bats
The Night

Erin Cherrywood
1st Semester

"I think the plural of syllabus is syllabi." She said at the awkward sounding word he'd used. "Maybe both work though. I'm not completely sure." She said pondering the correct plural form of syllabus.

"I just don't see why people bother to talk to me if they only want to ask one thing then leave my life. It seems like a waste of my time and theirs." She said rolling her eyes as a small sneer covered her face. "If I don't plan to have some sort of continued relationship I don't bother no matter how curious I am about something." She said in a matter of fact tone before taking another drink of her juice. Midway through her drink a thought occurred to her that countered her statement. "Well... I guess that's true unless it's something shiny. Then I'll go to high hell to figure out what it is." She admitted blushing behind her carton.

"Well the idea behind adding the ears and fangs was to make people want to stay away from such a hideous beast, but apparently it had the adverse effect." She said leaning against the fridge with a sigh. It was becoming clear to her that most of the plans in life backfired or never worked to begin with.

Shrugging she pushed the thoughts aside and decided to steer the conversation towards Bartok. "Are you making friends?" She asked looking into her juice.

Bartok Evergreen
1st Semester

Bartok bounced the two plurals in his head, trying to figure out which sounded better. Eventually is was just forgotten as he listened to her. When she said, "No matter how curious I am", he was just about to counter her with her obsession with shiny things, but it seemed she had caught herself first and it made him chuckle.

"Hideous Beast? What, having Faunus traits makes you ugly?"
A bit of anger stirred in him when she spoke like that, but he knew that's not wht she was getting at. He cleared his throat once more, calming down. "I mean, you think more Faunus traits can make someone like you ugly?" He tried to correct himself.

"Friends? Uh..."
He had to think for a moment. "There's Gin, he seems alright. And that one Shiro chick with the ghost sister." He thought harder. "Yeah... don't you gotta worry about me." He scratched the back of his head, reaching for the carton with his other hand to resume drinking.

Themes
Raised By Bats
The Night

Erin Cherrywood
1st Semester

Erin's eyes darted up at Bartok as a bit of anger seeped into his voice. He was a true faunus patriot and she realized a bit too late that she should have thought her words over before she said them. She didn't think faunus traits made people ugly, quite the contrary actually. She believed faunus were much more attractive than their human counterparts.

"No I think faunus traits make people more beautiful, unfortunately the majority of people do not share that sentiment." She said seriously. "I just assumed that the majority of people would think me to be more beast than man." She explained calmly. She didn't want to upset Bartok. She didn't like to see him upset most of the time and she was trying her best to be nice tonight but boy did he make it hard sometimes.

Rolling her eyes at his joking compliment she closed her juice. "I think I'm already ugly, you just can't see that because you're certifiably blind." She said with a smirk.

Gin. Gin. Where did she know that name. Pursing her lips in thought she wracked her brain trying to figure it out. ".... Uh... That's the... guy from the flying ships right?" She asked as the face vaguely formed in her mind. "And the... Fox girl from the library who tried to start something with me? Or rather the ghost version did."

Bartok Evergreen
1st Semester

He sighed. "Yes, Faunus traits lifts people beyond normal humanity, gives them abilities and..." He stopped himself from rambling, and took a swig of Orange Juice. "Oh. I don't believe you're ugly for a second." He said with a smile. He nodded with each correct assumption from Erin. "Yeah, I've seen Gin around here and there, he's a cool human. Shiro... I haven't seen since that day, but I would consider her a friend. Her ghost friend was very interesting."

He watched her close her juice, and his normal demeanor came to him. "You sure you're done with your juice? I got some right around here if you want some more." He motioned to his mouth and neck, giving her a charming smile.

Themes
Raised By Bats
The Night