Winter Whimsy Masquerade (2017)

An indoor general area safe from Grimm monsters and a general place to lounge and dine.
Yue Fa Hong
2nd Semester
Race: Human
Weapon: Jiyi Houhui
Semblance: Relaxation

Re: Winter Whimsy Masquerade (2017)

Post by Yue Fa Hong » Mon Jan 22, 2018

Call her crazy if you want, but Yue definitely sensed a bit of disappointment after she gave her reply about the joke. Maybe he expected something else? Or he...

“I didn't mean to disregard Yue fast thinking there, though. It's nice to hear the pun again, it reminds me of home.” Pointed the young girl, dropping in a follow-up of the previous joke. As bad as her ability to actually use puns was, however, she hoped it would serve to brush those thoughts off his mind. Yue must a funny person, if you'd come with that joke so quickly.” She really hoped these puns worked, otherwise she'd be making a fool of herself there - not that she minded that, though.

“I do like to hear you're open to talk, by the way.” Hearing that he was alone made her feel much less uneasy, as the thought of having to part with him as a supposed arrival came by just disappeared from her mind. “I just thought that, given how everyone had their groups, Yue might have had one as well - I was well off the mark, apparently.” Serves her right for worrying too much about scenarios that had only happened on her mind.

“Actually...” Of course, her first question was about how that mask of him worked, but after noticing said item acting weird, she'd point out that fact immediately. “It's supposed for that mask of yours to be doing that?” Having returned to a more straight stance by now, her hand pointed at the mentioned item. “I mean, it looks like it's losing power..." Realization dawned on her just there. "May I ask how does it works or what does it uses as an energy source?” She had a hunch as to why it did so, unless it was normally supposed to dim its lights. If that was the case, then her guess was wrong.
#E01C48

Sponsor

Sponsor

Shiro Sametto
1st Semester
Race: Faunus
Weapon: Sand Tiger & Thorn Chains
Semblance: Pinpoint Barrier

Post by Shiro Sametto » Mon Jan 22, 2018

"ah yes" She confirmed shivering a little as the cold caught up with her. 'People are starting to notice get annoyed by that habit. You can speak right you've been practicing, do it.’ Shiro swallowed a little, trying to steady herself out to speak again. She sucked in and let out a calming breath, releasing her grip on the other girls arm she hadn’t realized she was still holding on to. ”Sh- I saw you skating and I thought, maybe you might want a partner or umm I-I’m not used to this kind of thing. This is Sh- my first time at a dance but I know how to skate so I should be able to keep up.” She tried to smile but nervously covered her mouth with her hand, even though the edges of her grin poked out from behind it.

She reached out to gingerly grab the offered hand, steeling herself inside for attracting attention that going on to the dancefloor would cause. ”I’m happy to meet you too Aurora”
"Talking"
Thinking
'self doubt thinking/inner anger voice'
Battle Theme

"lost to all reason screaming"
Lost to all reason battle theme

Taupe Rhael
3rd Semester
Weapon: Arm's Grace
Semblance: Propellent

Post by Taupe Rhael » Tue Jan 23, 2018

Taupe chuckled at the friendly banter between Shana and Jim. They were definitely teammates, alright. She didn't particularly notice Clyde's question, simply shaking her head while winding her arm around Blackwall's waist. Apparently he was looking for his date. At least Blackwall had found her near immediately. "I don't mind if you two want to hang around with us for a bit, it's no bother, really. I mean, seems you and Blackwall know each other already, Jim." She shook her head, the odd distribution of weight from her hair making her feel woozy as her neck twisted from side to side. She decided to lean her head against Blackwall's chest to keep the disorientation away.

She looked to the side as a green-haired girl in a golden dress walked over to them. Floor length would have been a good idea for this. She thought about her exposed legs. Probably the girl Clyde was talking about. Her hair seemed familiar as well. "Look at all of us, able to find our dates. That is, if we count Shana and Jim as a temporary pairing for the night." She extended her free hand towards the green-haired girl to shake.

Chroma Prismos
2nd Semester
Weapon: última caída
Semblance: Soundboy

Post by Chroma Prismos » Fri Jan 26, 2018

The soundboy chuckled at the minor barrage of low level puns, this lady was something -as slow as she spoke Chroma seemed to enjoy the lady's presence. In reality he was never really disappointed, like the lady's name seemed pretty pun worthy -or at least it was a source of obvious puns if anything. "Well Yue are certainly a doll." He laughed slightly as he waved the half-baked pun off with a dimly lit smile via his mask an it's seemingly failing features.

"Still, a pal may come around at some point -so may as well pass the time with Yue." he laughed slightly under the mask's 'CX' emote, though he did slowly lose interest in the pun's overuse at this point -but it was something at least, which was better than nothing. "Plus ya seem fun enough to talk to for a while -heck maybe even for the whole time." He kept his electronic smile up as well as the actual one behind his mask, the large X bridging the eye slots seeming to show some minor mirth.

Soon enough the fading of his mask's lights was seemingly mentioned, to which he shook his head. True enough even the soundboy was aware of the mask's dimming, which was more than just a strange occurrence seeing that the dust powered device never really dimmed once in his life. "Not really -it's supposed to be brighter actually. Dunno what's wrong with it, but it's been acting like this since..." He would have said 'since I walked near you' if it didn't seem rather accusatory towards the rather nice lady. "Well since I walked in here." He lied, not wanting to seem rude to his new acquaintance. Then the idea of what the mask runs off of came into the conversation, he answered simply. "Dust, seeing it powers most things, it seems to do pretty well so far. I may as well replace the darned cells later." Funny enough as a power source, dust had a long shelf life, which was very helpful considering how expensive the commodity was.
"Ah hey there! Jus' call me Chroma!" -Speaking(Chroma Voice modded)-#FFBF00
"Oh you know me, I'm AST3R! The DJ?" -Speaking(AST3R)-#FF00FF
"It's so loud... I love it!" -Thinking-#00FF00
Main
Battle
Chroma Things

Yue Fa Hong
2nd Semester
Weapon: Jiyi Houhui
Semblance: Relaxation

Post by Yue Fa Hong » Fri Jan 26, 2018

Yue followed his jokes with a cheerful and lively chuckle. Not that long had passed since he stumbled upon this person, but they both seemed to enjoy each other's presence. Really, this academy sure had a handful of pretty interesting students — herself included, albeit unconsciously.

“So you actually were expecting someone. Well then, I really should enjoy my time with you until then, Chroma.” From below the mask, an smile had appeared on Yue's face, along a soft expression of happiness. “Who knows? Maybe they might ask me to stay — that would be nice, honestly. After seeing you, I'm kinda curious as to how this friend of yours is.” She already was expecting another pun lover of sorts, but since this was Beacon, she'd expect anyone else to come.

Then, the answer to how the mask worked and Chroma’s thoughts about why it was working like that were provided. Thanks to his words, her guess was pretty much confirmed. It was a machine that worked with dust and it started to work wrong as soon as he came in — as he came in contact with her, most likely. She let out a faint sigh; her semblance was doing it again, for what she thought might be the thousandth time already.

“Don't worry, I happen to know well what the problem is.” Closing her eyes for a moment, Yue tried her best to stop her own ability from messing up with Chroma's gear. “My semblance tends to mess with items that use dust as a power source because it weakens it — even if I don't want it to,” she continued speaking with her eyes still closed. “I can't turn it off, sadly, but at least I can reduce the length of its reach so you won't be affected by my semblance...”

It her a few seconds to finally adjust her semblance, but she really hoped that it would do the trick. Then, opening her eyes again, the young brunette stared right at Chroma's mask to see if it has worked. “It should be working fine now; try to stay as separate from me as you're now, though, or it'll start failing again.”
#E01C48

Jim Lavay
4th Semester
Weapon: Ruin (Left) and Restoration (Right)
Semblance: Adrenaline Rush (Unending Fury)

Post by Jim Lavay » Tue Jan 30, 2018

Breathing an exhausted sigh Jim looked towards his team’s healer. "Ugh, I try not to think about that..." Rotating his shoulder around slowly he half-laughed. "I've never been punched hard enough that I was made into a projectile before, well at least I don't thing..." Scratching his head he thought for a second as being punched sure seemed to be one of his favor pass times. "Anyway, I still don't think I've totally recovered from that." Of course, he was physically healed and had been for some time. Though, internally you could make a debate that not everything had fully healed. His pride in particular.

At least wounded pride aside the couple did their best to not make the Half-JAHC feel any more uncomfortable with intruding. However, before Jim could respond he felt a tap on his shoulder.

Yet another taller guy had seemed to join the party, and a very strange feeling began to come over the veteran student as he suddenly felt rather short. This guy had asked if anything of them had seen a green haired girl and given that there was only one troublesome greenie that came to mind Jim decided to go out on a bit of a limb. "Green haired girl, huh?" Holding his hand u to about where Laurel would come up to him he started to say. "She about this tall, and actually never mind..." Pointing towards the 6th member of their little group he chuckled. "...it seems she found you. Hey how's it going."

With how quickly Shana discovered him and his lack of any artistic talent Jim figured that the girl would recognize him rather quickly so, he just decided to skip right to it. "Laurel, I assume." A large grin was on his face as he pointed towards Shana. "I know that you two have met." Unable to hold back his laughter he took a moment before extending his hand to the big guy. "Hey man, Jim nice to meetcha." There was a chance he may have recognized Clyde from around campus if he were in normal clothing, but with how dressed up everyone was he was at a loss.
Personal Motto: What doesn't kill you makes you stronger, and nothing can kill me.
Favorite Quote: Maximum Effort!

Talking: ----- Thinking:

Jim's Theme Song : Indestructible : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4A3c2RKTJ4I

Shana Heart
4th Semester
Weapon: Bindings of the Heart
Semblance: Archangel (Aura Manipulation)

Post by Shana Heart » Sun Feb 04, 2018

"Oh my, they just get larger." The Atlesian giggled as Clyde made his introduction.

When Laurel made herself known the medic would smile warmly towards the shorter greenette. Everyone here seemed so nice it was such a shift from previous dances of this nature. In Atlas these types of events were so disgustingly formal they sucked the fun right out of it. Then there was the last party she attended with resulting in a homicide and the destruction of a building. This however, this was nice, and Shana did her part to be pleasant responding to Taupe. "So it would seem. I have to say it again you all just look wonderful."

Her mood would take a sharp turn when the teams leader made his joke which caused the Atlesian to issue a little justice. Taking her matching golden clutch, the medic would turn the item into a bludgeoning weapon swapping him in the back of his head. "Do you have even the slightest idea how humiliating it is to arrive at an upscale restaurant in a T-shirt!" Walking over to the pixie Shana gave the girl a warm hug. "It's lovely to see you again Laurel." Turning back to Jim scowling behind her mask. "You are so very lucky that the company was delightful or else the impending retaliation would be so much worse." Sighing, the Archangel would inevitably forgive him as she was pleased to make Laurel's acquaintance.

A shiver followed the comment as the frozen dust began to prickle. "If no one minds I believe that I will take my leave. Its terrible cold and all of you are already coupled up. I believe some dancing is in order." Shana gave Laurel another hug, Jim a halfhearted pat on the back, and the rest of her classmates a pleasant wave.

Walking towards the center of the hall the golden archangel searched the dance floor. None of the other students jumped out to her and most of them seemed partnered up by this point. Taking out her scroll the military girl let out a disappointed sigh and sent a quick text to a few of her closest friends. Hopeful that perhaps one of them was here since it seemed like meeting a fresh face wasn't going to happen tonight.

Magnolia Eminence
2nd Semester
Weapon: L'Apothéose
Semblance: Toxic Spores

Post by Magnolia Eminence » Sun Feb 04, 2018

Nervous energy dripped down the petite girl's form. She could nearly feel herself shaking, but managed to maintain some of her composure, for all she could. The room was noisy. Everywhere she sensed, there were people standing about. This was a mistake. There was no way she would be able to be comfortable here with so many people, so many foreign obstacles, so many odd temperature distortions hanging here or there. It was just odd. Still, there was no way Magnolia would have missed this.

She had not planned on attending the dance in the first place. What had changed, however, was the message sent to her not 30 minutes prior to her ending up in the dance hall. It had been from her dearest friend, Shana, requesting backup. Of course, Magnolia could not decline such a request. She would do anything for her dear, and only, friend. Her attire had been easy enough to manage, as white dresses were a part of her everyday attire. Accompanied with a black shawl and her normal black loafers, she was looking rather good, though she would never know or admit that to herself.

The dance was a masquerade, which posed an interesting opportunity for the serpent. Wearing a hood to a formal gathering would probably be seen as less-than classy, but thankfully the standard attire here fit her needs quite well. With actually brushed hair and a black cloth blindfold, she managed to procure a mask from the pile that were being given to those who had not brought their own. The blindfold covered her eyes below the mask, which covered the majority of her face, leaving only her nose and the lower half of her cheeks and below visible.

So, all-dressed-up, she stood near the entryway to the dance hall, unsure quite how to proceed. It would not be possible to locate Shana on her own unless she yelled for the girl to come get her, but that would probably be a bit too disruptive. She lifted her scroll to her mouth and spoke into it the commands to send a message to the medic. 'I have arrived, but seem to be stuck in traffic. Would it be possible for you to retrieve me?' As she lowered her scroll and slipped it into the pocket sewn into the seam of her dress, Magnolia relaxed, balancing her hands on her cane as she waited. She never thought she'd ever find herself at a dance, and especially not willingly.
FFEE78

Shana Heart
4th Semester
Weapon: Bindings of the Heart
Semblance: Archangel (Aura Manipulation)

Post by Shana Heart » Thu Feb 08, 2018

Keeping mostly to herself Shana began to contemplate leaving the dance altogether. It was cold, the medic was completely out her element in terms of outfits, and her only friends present were either with dates or were being butt-heads. The latter of which the Atlesian may hold some responsibility as she had lightly antagonized him earlier.

Loneliness would fall by the wayside as her scroll buzzed within the military girl’s bag. A spark of hope had formed as Shana opened the device to see that her wonderful friend, the much-needed support structure she had been meaning to reach out too had arrived. The archangel didn't bother with sending her friend a message back as she moved through the crowd of students towards the door. A lithe girl stood alone wearing a lovely white dress and the Atlesian illuminated in happiness.

"Magnolia you came. I'm so happy!" The medic made herself known to the blind girl before attempting physical contact. However, the moment she acknowledged Shana would be unable to hold back from hugging the Faunus. "I've missed you so much. I'm so sorry for being a bad friend." Taking hold of her friends hands the military girl was beaming with joy took a closer look over the shorter blonde. "My goodness, y-you look just stunning!"

Pulling the shot Faunus away from the door the Atlesian found a nice little spot where the noise was lower, and the density of people was lower. The medic hoped that it may allow for Magnolia to have an easier time acclimating. "I hope it’s a little easier for you over here, but if it gets too cold just let me know okay." With a relieved expression the Archangel still holding on to her friend’s hands asked. "How have you been. I feel like it has been forever!"

Clyde Lynx/'Muzzle'
4th Semester
Weapon: None.
Semblance: True Hunter

Post by Clyde Lynx/'Muzzle' » Sun Feb 18, 2018

To Clyde, it would seem that he definitely had interrupted the group from their conversations, and already he had the urge to politely nod and leave. A shake of the head from a girl with pale blonde hair gave one answer from the group, which prompted him to turn back to the person he had asked directly. However, a certain comment about height was enough to break his attention for another second, looking to the girl before staring back down at himself. It wasn’t something that he had never thought about, knowing very well that he can stick out of a crowd quite well, being quite taller than average. It still didn’t seem to be a comfortable joke, pressing his fists together as he looked to Jim once again.

“Yes, she’s just about that tall.” The fact that the other man guessed so correctly made Clyde pause. “How do you…” His words trailed off as soon as a hand pointed behind him, and he found himself turning back around and lock his eyes with rose gold, once again. That same dress, one that she had earned in the same circumstances as he had earned his attire, didn’t look any more different than before, and she looked just as… He almost caught himself staring for too long, turning back towards the group as Laurel approached them. A master of conversation himself, he remained silent as his partner did all the social work for him, shaking hands stretched to her and such. When a hand was stretched to him however, he took a pause before reaching up to shake it, proceeding to give Jim’s hand a firm grip; already, Clyde could tell that Jim was quite strong. “Nice to meet you.”