A Meal to Wash Away the Hate (Private)

An indoor general area safe from Grimm monsters and a general place to lounge and dine.
Mora Doviolette
2nd Semester
Race: Human
Weapon: Stahlfaust
Semblance: Drachen Beine

Re: A Meal to Wash Away the Hate (Private)

Post by Mora Doviolette » Wed Feb 21, 2018

The boy was amazingly excited about the most minor of things, but it was nice to experience. A little passion didn't hurt anyone... most of the time, at least. She moved her hands to settle her bowl after the boy shook up the table, but didn't lose her smile. Mora was feeling too comfortable to get upset over something so little right now. Most of the time, though, she'd nitpick the smallest actions. Right now, there was too much to be gained.

The boy seemed pulled in by her request. Perfect. He went on to recount the story, in all its theatrical reality. The way he went on reminded her of one of her wordier professors, one that often encouraged her (through action, not through words) to doze off or skip lessons. Yet, she didn't feel like glazing over or tuning out. Though it may have been played up or made theatrical, this was a real story from a real person. She could just about confirm that this event took place. This was the real deal.

She stared on in awe at the remainder of the story. Apparently the rumors had been wrong, but it was amazing nonetheless. The blinked slowly, glancing over the boy. "And you survived? Evidently, but... wow. You must be plenty hearty." That was a somewhat peculiar statement, but it felt right to say. The lavender lady sat back in her chair and mouthed another spoonful of stew.

After chewing thoughtfully and swallowing, she set the spoon back down and glanced up and down the boy a little. "Strong, durable, skilled in combat. You are quite the soldier. I expect to see you as a top huntsman in no time." She flashed a small grin and rested her hands in her lap. This boy, despite being at the academy for the same amount of time, had far, far surpassed her skill. "Now I know we are peers and... this is a bit hard for me to ask, but... would it be too much for me to request some pointers or training or something. Perhaps turn that match into a reality?" Desperation shone from her eyes, but she tried to keep it from showing. This was important. Perhaps her only chance at growth.
#6600ff

Sponsor

Sponsor

Jim Lavay
4th Semester
Weapon: Ruin (Left) and Restoration (Right)
Semblance: Adrenaline Rush (Unending Fury)

Post by Jim Lavay » Sat Feb 24, 2018

After lifting his head and seeing the look on Mora's face Jim couldn't help his grin from growing. Often, he would lose himself in these stories and seeing the reactions of people always made it worthwhile. Not so much because of the notoriety gained or for the sake of bragging. It was more-so for the simple fact that he absolutely loved what he did. Though, he couldn't help his grin from shifting into a chuckle at her comment. "Yeah uh, you can say that again..." Closing his eyes and scratching his head he laughed at himself. "...I have been known to take a hit or two, and I guess I'm still kicking so has to be something to it." In truth he didn't always know how he managed to survive these encounters. Ava and Shana usually played a big role, but there was also other times where just dumb luck happened to shine on him like when he crashed into the airship instead of falling to the ground.

Mora's second compliment caused him to feel a rare feeling of self-consciousness. It wasn't too often that Jim was showered with THIS many compliments. He was about to deflect by saying he'd be nothing without his team, but just as his mouth open he recalled her own failed trial. So, instead he simply said. "Thanks, I sure as heck hope so, though we're nothing without the ones we surround yourself with." Smiling he was pleased with this answer as it was honestly far more truthful after all it did go beyond his team. Coral, Ellie, Arti, Laurel, and many others had all been with him through some of these experiences.

Now her final point was something that Jim could totally get behind. About the only thing he enjoyed more than training and improving was being directly involved in someone else progress. So, doing his best to not sound too over eager he responded. "Sure." Simple, to the point, not overly excited... That at least was until he continued. "I've always enjoyed giving a pointer here and there. Though, the Jim school of hitting things really hard with a big weapon hasn't been frequented too much of late." Laughing at himself he couldn't help that big dumb grin from returning. "Anyway, I’d be happy too besides I bet you could teach me a thing or too as well." Given Mora's tenure here and his pretty one-dimensional skill set he had little doubt that she could pay the favor back in some way.
Personal Motto: What doesn't kill you makes you stronger, and nothing can kill me.
Favorite Quote: Maximum Effort!

Talking: ----- Thinking:

Jim's Theme Song : Indestructible : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4A3c2RKTJ4I

Mora Doviolette
2nd Semester

Post by Mora Doviolette » Wed Feb 28, 2018

The boy chuckled and laughed. He must hear this kind of stuff all the time, she was starting to feel a little bad about being nothing more than another awed onlooker. What more could she say, though? Mora did not truly know this boy yet, though she hoped that could change. Her motivations had changed, though. She wasn't looking at this guy as a potential mindless follower anymore. She wasn't anymore looking simply to exploit this guy. Sure, he had resources she might want, but there was something more. At the least, his personality wasn't irritating. She wasn't quite sure what else to think of this topic.

The boy pointed out the necessity of teamwork and Mora nodded along. She understood that to the fullest. If only it was easier to find people she could work with, those she could trust. Networking was not her strong suit, per se, but it seemed she was doing considerably better now. At least, she was networking at the moment. That was something. She simply gave a nod and small tilt of her head in readjustment.

The boy accepted her request. A sigh of relief silently crept from Mora's lips. It was chewing away at her inside. Asking somebody of equal seniority, but significantly more experience, for help did not sit well in her head. Thankfully, the boy lightened the subject with a small bit of humor. "Well, have no worries, my friend. Though I consider myself an expert of 'hitting things really hard with a big weapon,' I am sure there is much still to learn." She gave a small chuckle and widened her grin a bit. It was not normal for her, but smiling was feeling natural. "I am not sure how much I have to teach you. I suppose I kick things more often than most people, if you wanna practice some of that."
#6600ff

Jim Lavay
4th Semester
Weapon: Ruin (Left) and Restoration (Right)
Semblance: Adrenaline Rush (Unending Fury)

Post by Jim Lavay » Sat Mar 03, 2018

Well, there was no question about it. Jim was totally pumped when it sounded like Mora was on board for joining the aforementioned school. He even appreciated that she referred to it by its proper name. "Heh, of course, you can always get better at the hitting things really hard, game! Heck, even I pick up a new trick from time to time, and I've been doin that since long before I got here." Grinning like the big idiot he was, Jim was making several slashing and smashing motions with his arms as though his sword were in his hands.

As for what he could learn from her, Jim nodded his head at her offer. "There we go, already got a leg up on me." Chuckling at his own stupid joke he continued after a short pause. "...but seriously, I think my progression of attacks goes: Sword, fist, tackle, head butt, then waaay down at the bottom is kicking. So there ya go!" He excitedly finished with a thumb up and a hopeful plan for the future. "Sounds, like we have a plan then. Hope you're ready to work though, because despite the goofy name, the Jim school doesn't go easy!" At that point he was practically ready to hop out of his chair and go right then. Though, they should probably let lunch settler first or else practice may be even more intense than usual.
Personal Motto: What doesn't kill you makes you stronger, and nothing can kill me.
Favorite Quote: Maximum Effort!

Talking: ----- Thinking:

Jim's Theme Song : Indestructible : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4A3c2RKTJ4I

Mora Doviolette
2nd Semester

Post by Mora Doviolette » Fri Mar 09, 2018

This boy's head seemed pretty one-track, but that was not a terrible quality. Definitely very useful given anything within that one-track, so she could not complain. He definitely seemed like he was gonna rub some of that off on her, which would do her well. At the moment Mora did not have much going for her besides her ability to hit things and her apparently absurdly abrasive personality. The former would probably get her further than the latter. She snickered softly and simply laced her fingers before her on the table.

The boy, still way more hyper than she even thought was possible, continued on with his own fighting method. "Do not underestimate your legs. Your quadriceps are most likely one of the largest muscle groups on your body." Granted, she kinda cheated with her kicks. Who needed muscle when you have magical, soul-powered legs? Well... presumably muscle was necessary for everyday use. Or general use. Okay, fine, semblance wasn't that useful for most uses. But it sure made things break faster.

She grinned, absorbing some of the boy's excitement. "If there is anything I can do well, it is work hard. That is really all I have going for me." Mora laughed softly at her own insecurities, hopefully hiding it as some sort of humor. "I think a training session will go rather well. Would you like to exchange contact information so we can schedule a time?" Mora reached into the pocket sewn in her skirt and set her scroll on the table, unlocking and sliding it over to Jim in one motion.
#6600ff