When the White Flag Has Flown (Private w/Nym | Mature)

An indoor general area safe from Grimm monsters and a general place to lounge and dine.
Mika Mefkāt
1st Semester
Race: Faunus
Weapon: Nxt a Ma'at (nixt ah maht)
Semblance: Saāy Kāt (Sa-ay cat, Large Plan)

Post by Mika Mefkāt » Sat Apr 07, 2018

It was early in the morning, maybe five o'clock, and Mika was up already, having made sure to get her beauty sleep, nice and long, the night prior. She hadn't intended to be up this early, but she'd gauged it incorrectly; she hadn't been as tired as she'd thought she would be, so instead she was here for some breakfast. Her chosen meal was sitting before her, a sweet roll and a bowl of fruity cereal in milk. Sugar always helped one wake up in the morning, and the persian cat was a sucker for her sweets. Of course, it did mean that she had to pay close attention to caring for her teeth, but she always managed. Taking a bite of her roll, she sighed softly, quietly, to herself.

As usual, Mika sat alone at her own table, but her more sensitive set of ears atop her head were picking up the chatter coming from across the room where three of the more jock-type Students were posted up at a table of their own.

They were making fun of her face, weren't they? Her ear twitched in annoyance, but she kept right on eating. Talk was cheap, after all, and Mika wasn't about to let their unkind words ruin her breakfast. She twirled her spoon around in her bowl, watching as the ring-shaped cereal spun with the current it created, and she scooped up a lot of them and stuck the spoon in her mouth, savoring the taste. She was sitting poised and proper, as she always did, with her back up straight, and her long, elegant hair spilling down to her mid-back, silver and gorgeous, although she hadn't done much but brush it this morning.

The jocks were apparently picking on every Faunus that was up this early, and she watched as they set their sights on another Faunus sitting alone at a table nearer to them. The girl looked distraught already, she was an easy target for sure, and Mika's ear flicked again in agitation while they made fun of her feathery hair, which only made matters worse as she was agitated to the point of the curious frill on her head standing up. The girl had evidently been close enough to crying that such a gentle push sent her over the edge and the tears came, the bird-girl swept herself out of the room rather quickly, leaving her food behind. Here one moment, and gone the next. She wondered who the flighty girl was, but as she sped passed Mika, her face screwed up into disgust and she pinched her nose. Mika hadn't showered this morning yet, but did she really smell that strongly? Her eyebrow arched, and the jocks laughed it up.

Mika's head turned to follow the girl's retreat, watching as she exited through one of the many sets of doors to the cafeteria, she was probably running to the bathroom just out that way, she guessed. Mika's sympathy was fleeting, however, especially when she turned her head back to see the jocks coming her way, each with a malevolent intent written all over their silly, uncouth faces.

She huffed, and turned up her nose toward them, a clear indication that she was in no mood for their trifling antics. Of course, that didn't stop them, and Mika hadn't truly expected it to. She took another bite of cereal.

"Well well well, what's this? A cat lapping milk? Heheh... would be a shame if someone dumped it on your pretty fur," one of the hosers said, and her frown only worsened by exactly nothing. Her natural glare only increased their teasing, anyway.

"She looks like my Uncle's grumpy cat," said another, mocking her expression with an exaggerated frown of his own.

"And you seem to have the disposition of said cat. Likely, the intelligence of it, too," Mika fired back, and the third of the trio, probably the ringleader, slammed both hands on her table, rattling her bowl, which she grasped either side of to keep it from spilling her milk.

"We got a wise one here, fellas," the palooka said, "and I think maybe we've upset the little kitten." He leaned closer to her, she could smell his sweaty, meaty features from there; he definitely was the type... They'd probably been up all night doing this, and since it was still dark out, they weren't about to stop.

"Clearly, you don't know who I am,"
Mika said, crossing her arms and giving him another little huff and a second turn of her nose away from him.

"And I don't care who you are, cuz you're just a stinking, lowly Faunus like all the rest, aren'tcha?"
Her eyes settled back on him, and now she was glaring daggers.

"How dare you, heathen!" She was a hair's breadth away from slapping him across the mouth.
"A proper lady speaks with dignity and style."

'This is an unacceptable thought.'

ALT: Psitti Rouge

Sponsor

Sponsor

Nym Magenta
4th Semester
Weapon: Whisper
Semblance: Foresight

Re: When the White Flag Has Flown (Private w/Nym | Mature)

Post by Nym Magenta » Sun Apr 08, 2018

Nym stumbled, bleary-eyed, through the halls of Beacon on her way to the cafeteria. Sleep had only been coming in bits and pieces for the past week. Tossing and turning in bed, Nym would see time passing in sporadic increments as she looked at the clock. One moment it was half past nine, then it was a quarter past ten, then only five minutes had passed, then an hour, in a staccato march through the night. When the bloody thing read four thirty she knew there was no point staying in bed. She'd dressed, made a half-hearted attempt at fixing her bed hair, then made her way towards the cafeteria.

'Maybe I'll 'ave enough luck t'keep the food down this time.'

Quiet as a fox, Nym slipped through a set of doors just in time to see another pair shut on the opposite side of the cafeteria. Someone had been making a speedy exist by the sound of it, and it didn't take long to figure out why as the mean words echoed through the mostly empty cafeteria. The hair on the back of her neck stood up and the cobwebs in her thoughts evaporated in a blaze of anger as the racially charged nature of their taunts became apparent.

'Perfect, I c'n get a mornin' workout beatin' these yabbos into a coma, n' take a nap in detention.'

Nym approached them from behind, a scowl on her face, and a mean look in her bloodshot eyes. A moment of clarity urged Nym to remove her jacket first. It was the only one she had. It fell quietly to the floor just behind her as she came to a stop a dozen feet behind the growing commotion.

"And I don't care who you are, cuz you're just a stinking, lowly Faunus like all the rest, aren'tcha?"

With just her tank top and sports bra on, the scars on her arms, upper chest, and neck were much easier to spot. It was a purposeful maneuver. Intimidation could end fights before they started, and scared opponents were sloppy ones. She stuck two of her fingers in her mouth and let out a loud, sharp whistle.

"Oi!" Her fist made a satisfying *slap* as it met her open palm, and the crack her neck made as she turned it to the side felt as good as it sounded. "Takes three'a ya t'work up the courage t'pick on one of us, eh?" She spat with a practiced accuracy and a singular drop landed at the foot of the group's ringleader. "Bet this'll be easy." She raised her fists, a murderous glint in her eyes as she stared them down. "Bet you won' even 'ave time t'cry."
'Thoughts and feelings.'

"Verbal communication."

No one ever had much nice to say / I think they never liked you anyway!

Mika Mefkāt
1st Semester

Post by Mika Mefkāt » Sun Apr 08, 2018

These buffoons were getting on her nerves for sure, but it didn't take long to attract the attention of another girl who walked in just as the bird from earlier was leaving. The ruffian seemed almost more uncouth than these three, but she supposed she would be glad to have a little more support rather than having to trash-can the lot of them by using her Semblance. She was unkempt, and looked like she hadn't slept, likely the reason she was here. Was Beacon full of depressed students looking to find their fill somewhere like this?

The trio didn't take kindly to Nym stepping up to them, but evidently, as viewed by the scars all across her arms, and the lattice of battle she wore with it, they were reluctant to deal with her right away. They did, of course, take note to her Faunus nature, choosing again to single out her trait, and sling more insults.

"Looks like we got a foxy one over here, huh?" one quipped, nudging his buddy in the ribs as they both laughed. The ringleader didn't seem to find it all that funny, though, and instead he grimaced and cracked his knuckles.

"I don't like hittin' girls, only hittin' on them, but you're cruisin' for a bruisin', little miss Vixen." Mika had had just about enough of this man's abhorrent behavior. Now they were acting like she didn't even exist, all eyes on Nym, and she growled softly to get their attention. She would put an end to this. She wasn't willing to witness another's blood shed over something she could've easily ended already.

"Listen here, you selfish ingrate,"
she stated, very enunciated, so their petty little heads could wrap around her words. She stood from her seat, and grabbed her bowl of cereal.

"I don't take kindly to your appreciation of my ears, or hers. And you had better change your tone, or else you'll find much more than you have bargained for. I'd hate to have to make you beg forgiveness." Her eye twitched, and with it, her ears did too. She didn't want to state that they'd bitten off much more than they could chew, so she let it stew over as one of them jostled the other again, laughing in her face.

"We got a coupla' lovebirds here, don't we? Oh, no, that one already left the building!" Another rolling bout of laughter.

"Whatcha gunna do, catgirl, scratch me? Or are you one'a those animated kind what's gunna hit me over the head n' shake yer boobs at me?" Mika's eyes narrowed. Oh, she was capable of far worse than this asshole knew of. She may not have the experience in combat like Nym obviously did, but she was a trained fighter... However, she settled instead to let her Semblance do the talking. She held her bowl of cereal up, and there was a flash of turquoise around her hands, and suddenly she was holding a bowl three times the size it had been initially, milk and all. She dumped it straight onto the man's shirt. It positively soaked him, and the bewildered man took a couple steps back in a stumble, and his face twisted into one of anger. He wasn't aware that the milk would return to its normal size and he'd find himself with a minor stain soon enough, but she wasn't about to tell him that.

"Oh you've done it now, kittycat,"
he said, but she turned up her nose again, she didn't believe him and his idle threats, and instead, she flashed her weapon where it was on her hip, her hand hovering near the large, metallic dagger.

"You would not hit a woman, is that not what you said?" she taunted, and between her and Nym, they seemed to be weighing the odds. If she could make things larger with her Semblance... Her hand glowed again. Well, it became rather obvious that this principle would apply to her weapon, and possibly, even herself. Between that and Nym's reputation, they resigned to keep it to insults. He made a rude gesture with his hand, and Mika stuck her tongue out at him.

"You, foxy, won't hear the last of us. Ain't no stinkin' Faunus gunna come in here and threaten me. But this smelly cat already knows her place, at the bottom of the barrel. Just thought we should let you know. I don't wanna hit no girls today, that'd be rude of me." He still wore his furious expression as he said this, but he stalked off to clean himself off, not wanting to be covered in milk and over-sized cereal pieces. The large bowl, as well as some of the pieces, began to shrink after a few more seconds, and Mika reached down to pick the bowl up off the floor. The mess would have to be cleaned by the staff, so she would be letting them know about it in short order. She took her seat again, and after a few seconds, glanced over to the other two who were watching mostly dumbfounded that she'd gotten away with that to their big, tough friend. Eventually, they scurried off to find him. Just a couple of losers clinging to someone bigger than them. Absolutely worthless. She doubted any of them had a job. They probably couldn't even afford life insurance, certainly it was necessary for a lot like them. One day they'd really anger the wrong Faunus... And if Nym's demeanor was any indication, coupled with the fact that those guys seemed to know of her, it might just be her they anger. Had they done this before? With a warrior's scars, she certainly seemed the type to easily take on three lowly Students by herself.

Her attention instead turned to the ratty-looking thing now standing nearby. She flashed a brief smile, one that faded right back into her glowering expression. She was a woman of many faces. Nym had been kind enough to help her threaten them to back down, so she figured she owed her a favor.

"I appreciate your assistance in dealing with those smarmy dogs, although unfortunately their damage has already been done. I myself do not have much of a care for the wheedling of peasants, but alas there was another Faunus girl here who was affected. Ran off crying. Not sure where she went. She looked like more of the same, anyway, like you I mean, completely unkempt and entirely unrested. If you'd like to join me for a meal, as thanks, I will kindly purchase your food. You perhaps require some coffee, as well. It is no skin off my nose, after all, I made my own way in this world long ago and money is not much of an object to one as regal as myself." While she addressed Nym, she went about unfolding a napkin and toweling off the table, her eyes were closed, and she moved with a very proper and accurate sort of touch, the kind one might expect from the likes of nobility, which certainly, she was a noble one. Her father would not approve of this school, however she found it had an odd sort of charm to it, when she needed to dissect every person around her to figure out what they were worth, it could only be interesting. Many didn't fit the bill. She was certain by Nym's appearance that she definitely wouldn't, however she was anything if not polite. Paying for one meal and dealing with an unsatisfactory conversation likely wouldn't kill her. Either that, or the opposite would be true, and perhaps she would make her first friend here, even if they looked to be a mess? Certainly there were reasons, if the scars were any indication, but for that very reason she felt like she'd have a few questions for Nym regarding them and her lack of sleep. She was feeling particularly generous today, after all.

Nym Magenta
4th Semester

Post by Nym Magenta » Tue Apr 10, 2018

Nym simply stood her ground as she waited out the confrontation. Beacon had cameras. If she took the first swing she'd get in more trouble than they would. Right? They didn't have microphones or anything like that. They wouldn't be able to hear the conversation. All she'd have to defend herself with would be what she did. That, and it was a lot easier to catch someone off guard with her semblance when they threw the first punch. Thankfully, or regretfully, she wasn't sure which, Nym didn't have to throw a single punch.

Mika clearly knew how to handle herself around bullies. It was questionable whether Nym needed to stand in and help at all. Still, she was building good habits, wasn't she? The whole point of coming to Beacon was learning how to be a hero, and what self respecting hero would sit idly by and let someone else suffer that kind of abuse? Not that Nym was very self-respecting...

The thanks she received for her assistance didn't sound very much like thanks at first. The manner of speaking and tone were exactly what she'd expect from someone who'd never had to struggle for anything in their life. She was mean, and unsympathetic, but...she was also offering Nym breakfast as thanks so...Nym picked up her jacket and slipped it back on before getting her food. It was a modest plate, but Nym wasn't much for fanciness for breakfast. Eggs, meat, potatoes, black coffee, that was all she really needed. She took a seat across from the cat faunus and eyed her warily.

"Thanks, love," she said with a nod. You caught more flies with honey...

"Don' look like ya needed my 'elp all that much, though, heh. Losers like them? You probably coulda sent the pack of 'em flyin' with one swing. All bark, no bite."
'Thoughts and feelings.'

"Verbal communication."

Mika Mefkāt
1st Semester

Post by Mika Mefkāt » Thu Apr 12, 2018

Mika was somewhat glad to have the other Faunus accept her proposal if only to deter any future incidents, safety in numbers, and the like. Plus, she hadn't the first clue of who this person was, which was always a bad thing in her opinion. Knowledge was power, and power controlled the ebb and flow of the world itself, the force of power was one of the strongest in nature, in fact. She would use this knowledge, gleaned from practiced social skills, to the betterment of her position in Beacon whether or not Nym would be aware of it. Shrewd as the day was long, Mika decided she'd have to carefully pick Nym's brain for various information. She looked like she'd been around the block a few times, at least, with that pattern of scarring on her forearms especially. Her guess would be that this one had even had a few run-ins with the Grimm.

"I don't think they would have been able to stand up to the Nxt a Ma'at in the slightest, no. Not with the Saāy Kāt as my Semblance. Tell me, miss...?" She fished for Nym's name, of course it would be proper form unless she were meeting her more informally, but inviting her to eat wasn't exactly a proposal for friendship.

"Do you enjoy those ears of yours, as much as I might my own?" she questioned, easily enough.

"We of the Mefkāt lineage do not turn a blind eye to the plight of the Faunus, after all. My name is Mika, heiress proper to the Mefkāt Conglomeration. We supply metals all across the world to be used in arms and armor alike, plus anything else you might find metallic or similar." She leaned forward ever so slightly, a more relaxed posture as she placed her elbows on the table, lacing her fingers together in front of her face. Over her hands, her eyes were sharp, and glistened slightly with the motion. Here was where she really took a good look at Nym. It was evident by her posture that she wasn't of a proper upbringing... The dark circles under her eyes indicated a sleepless night, which could have been caused by many factors, mostly psychological... This girl had problems, that much was clear. The sort of problems that made you lose some sleep.

"I hope you find your food satisfactory, but if I may...?" She reached over, and with both hands touched two parts of Nym's food; the meat and her cup of coffee, a single finger finding porcelain dishes as they glowed with a turquoise energy. In short order, the food began to expand, making her cup of coffee far larger than it had been before, and the meat on her plate became equally more massive.

"It is a temporary effect, and the food will not supply you with more nutrition, as it will return to its proper size after a minute or so... However, I often find it more enjoyable to bite into a plate of meat far in excess of what we might be used to."
For her, this was a simple use of her Aura, one she'd done many times, especially at her father's request. She was hoping Nym would enjoy it as much as many others had, because getting her on her side was a clear way to getting what information she wanted out of the girl.

Nym Magenta
4th Semester

Post by Nym Magenta » Fri Apr 13, 2018

"Nym," she filled in at the end of Mika's sentence, but remained mostly quiet as she went on. It was obvious the girl was checking her out, but not in the way Nym would have preferred. That wasn't a look of wanting, it was appraisal. Mika wasn't absorbing Nym's form and features and wondering what she looked like without her clothes on, under or on top of her. No, it was the sort of look she got from thugs and bandits who were trying to decide if she was an easy meal or worth more than it would take to bring her to heel.

A little shiver went down her spine, but...Nym didn't have any reason to be that suspicious, did she? This girl was buying her food. And she was loaded from the sounds of it. Heiress? Conglomeration? Those were words rich people used when talking about their vast fortunes and vaults full of gold.

One of her ears flicked. Did she like them? No. She wished she didn't have them. Life would have been so much easier that way. How could someone as wealthy as Mika have any idea what her plight was like? Ugh...she was being unfair. Give her a chance.

"Woah..." Nym raised her eyebrows at the display of semblance. Okay, so she could enlarge food too. With two hands, she raised her coffee mug and took a long draw from it. The coffee might have been cheap cafeteria coffee, but it was much better than nothing. "Cheers, hah."

She owed her some kind of response. Conversations took two people. "Nah. My life'd be easier without'em, but...ain't like I want t'cut 'em off or 'ide 'em all the time. S'not like it'd be that big'a help now." She sighed. The damage had long since been done. "So...yer, like, rich then, eh? Not like, little wealthy, I c'n buy nice clothes n' stuff rich, but..." She struggled to find an appropriate show of wealth. "Uh...you'd be buyin' whole stores n' stuff?" Nym shrugged. Mika would get it, right? She was educated and rich.
'Thoughts and feelings.'

"Verbal communication."

Mika Mefkāt
1st Semester

Post by Mika Mefkāt » Tue Apr 24, 2018

"Do enjoy the size difference, while it lasts," Mika stated, opening one eye from the sideways glance she gave Nym while she sipped at the coffee. She reached out and grabbed the only thing she had left on the table, half a sweet roll, and tore a bite out of it with her pointed teeth. She watched Nym carefully, as if from some kind of high ground despite the fact she was ever so slightly shorter, and her eyebrow rose as Nym spoke. That rich? What a stupid statement. This person obviously had not a single concept about wealth, but based on her appearance, it was plainly clear that she wasn't someone who appreciated subtlety either.

"Whole stores? What are you on about? Do you take me for a property agent?" Mika questioned, and took another bite of her roll from beyond the bit that lingered in her cheek and slightly effected her speech. Nym came across as a deliberate idiot; what she meant by that thought was clear to her, this person was almost playing dumb with her.

"You and I both know the type of lifestyle I inherited is the kind you probably despise. Just look at yourself. Your ears, the statement you made, easier without them you say? Yet, is it really? How many times, I wonder, did they save your life, how many times, I wonder, did they play on your side..." She suddenly reached out, a snap movement, and grasped Nym's wrist. She threw up her sleeve and revealed some of the scarring on her arm.

"Quit acting like you're not experienced. It's very unbecoming of a lady. Tch... If I could even call you one," She pulled her hand back, crossed her arms, cocked an eyebrow, and gave Nym the most judgemental look possible. She knew she wasn't in the company of another member of high society, but at the very least did this person even have respect for themselves? Didn't seem so in her book.

"Take your ears and make them a matter of pride because those like us are gifted in ways that frivolous human peasants would never understand. You have the benefit of the doubt here, you are a Beacon Student, so perk yourself right up and give those humans what for. Just like we did already, right?" Sure she was haughty, but she had a point. She leaned back a bit, and laced an arm under her breasts. She planted her elbow on her opposite hand, and stuffed the rest of the sweet roll into her mouth, eyes closed. As a proper lady, there was more she could say, but she didn't speak with her mouth full.

Nym Magenta
4th Semester

Post by Nym Magenta » Tue Apr 24, 2018

Nym scarfed down her food with a ravenous hunger. She utterly lacked table manner. Who would have ever taught them to her? Why would she care about what other people thought of the way she ate? As Mika responded to Nym's questioning and reserved responses her speed and vigor slowed until she stopped. There was a look of confusion on her face What was Mika saying? Property agent? Maybe, if they made a lot of money? The kind of lifestyle that Nym despised? She didn't hate rich folk. Nym might have been jealous of them, but she didn't hate them by default.

Her ears flattened on her head and Nym wrenched her arm back abruptly when Mika rolled her sleeve back. What the fuck? What was she thinking? Her eyes narrowed and Nym seethed. Her metal utensils clattered noisily to the table. This bitch thought she knew a lot about Nym's life, didn't she? How many times had her ears saved her life? Better question, how many times had they put her in harm's way? What the fuck gave her the right to go revealing Nym's scars?

"Don' fuckin' pretend like you know my life," Nym rolled her sleeve back down. "And don' fuckin' pretend like you know me." She stood up from the table and glowered at Mika. "I don' 'ate rich people. I 'ate cunts who let their money go to their 'ead because they were lucky enough t' 'ave their life 'anded to 'em on a silver platta'."
'Thoughts and feelings.'

"Verbal communication."

Mika Mefkāt
1st Semester

Post by Mika Mefkāt » Wed Apr 25, 2018

"Ah... Aha... Ahaha... HAHAHAHA!" Mika rolled in a serious bout of laughter, nearly choking on her roll's remnants, she, for some reason, thought this was so funny of a reaction that she curled sideways on the cafeteria bench, clutching her stomach with both arms. She flopped over, and kicked her feet in the air twice, giggling a few more times before she sat up again. Oh, that had been just... Perfect.

"Oh, I don't know you. That might just be the most fun part. You should see the look on your face. So very serious. Life, handed to me? Oh, hardly, darling, if anything, those scars on your arms might state quite clearly that your life has been handed to you." She laced her fingers together and rested her chin on top of them. It was hard to contain her smirk. Underneath her permanently slanted eyebrows, it was equally hard to keep her face looking like anything less than a mechanism for anger. Oh, but she wasn't angry. She was just amused.

"You really should not take things so seriously," she mentioned, and then flipped her hair with the wave of one hand, turning up her nose as she seemed so fond of doing, but peering at Nym through one slightly cracked eyelid.

"I'd apologize, but I doubt I need to. It wouldn't change a thing, would it? I can tell one thing about you that I feel sure of now; you sure are quick to temper, are you not?" Revealing her hand might've been a bad idea, maybe, but she doubted this person knew how to play the game she was getting at. Nym had proven her right already, first by stepping in the way of bullies... on her behalf, sure, but secondly when she'd thrown her silverware to the table at one offbeat addition to an otherwise dull day. Who'd have thought this morning would be so colorful?

"Your judgements are inaccurate at best. I have not been privy to my father's fortune for many years now. Sure, he has lavished me with travel and helped me accommodate myself here at Beacon by sending requested objects, but the rest? That was my own doing. But that is beside my point. I am far more curious as to how you came across those marks on your body. Those, no doubt, tell a story far more interesting than any I might tell you about Menagerie or, stars forbid, the glibness of ingratiated nobility. I am not a stranger to the world. A dangerous place, is it not?" Despite the frown that settled back into her features, her eyes shone with the light coming through the windows while morning broke, and she leaned forward. She rested her chin on her hands again, and looked at Nym like she might look at a small child playing with a toy. She was, in a sense, behaving like one to Mika.

"Tell me, Miss... Nym, do you see yourself as a warrior? Because, if I were being honest, which I always try, you do surely look the part. An interesting notion. You were readily accepting the idea taking on all three of those men by yourself. And so was I. So why should I not recognize somebody with an apt ability for violence? Do I need to know you to declare that you'd likely beat me too? Even if I were paired with such... Swine? Because, the four of us, despite what I might manage, probably could not best you. Or am I wrong?" She crossed her legs, and let one of them sway back and forth. A cat toying with a dangled mouse, that is exactly how she felt right now.

"Would you like more food? It is true that I can afford such things, but I assure you it is entirely because of my own self-worth that I can do so. Tell me... Do you value yourself? I wonder if you have the means to the ends you seek. Do you even seek an end? Perhaps it is too early in the morning, and I should not be thinking this way... But I have philosophy later today, so I find it... Purrrrfect." It was impossible to disguise her Faunus nature playing into the last word. Her throat made it sound somehow like a purr, indeed, and she placed her spoon on the table standing on end, her finger spinning it round by the tip of the handle while she leaned her chin on the other hand and looked at Nym with eyes that stated her rigid defense.

"You may engage me in any way you wish. I meant no harm by my statements earlier, but I don't expect you to believe me. Or even care, really. I was simply testing your waters, with a toe of caution, and it worked, didn't it? After all, you are a mystery from where I am seated." Was that the right thing to say? Hah, she didn't care either way. Nym had already inhaled her food, the sloppy mess of dishes began to return to normal size slowly but surely on the table before them. While manners may have had a place in her heart, here, in the cafeteria, at sunrise, they surely mattered not. Not in the slightest. This was not a banquet table.

Just because someone could tell off a bunch of jocks, which she hadn't really needed Nym's help to do in the first place, didn't mean they got off easy and went un-analyzed. Besides, it was incredibly amusing to her. Mika rose an eyebrow and watched for Nym's reaction, because after that display, she was certain there would be more. Nym was, after all, incredibly tired looking, and tired meant irritable, right? She couldn't have asked for a better morning than this one, she was simply having so much fun!

Nym Magenta
4th Semester

Post by Nym Magenta » Wed Apr 25, 2018

"Oh, I don't know you. That might just be the most fun part. You should see the look on your face. So very serious. Life, handed to me? Oh, hardly, darling, if anything, those scars on your arms might state quite clearly that your life has been handed to you."

Nym was fairly certain that Mika had other things to say, but she didn't hear a word of it, she wasn't sticking around. Whoever this girl might have been, it wasn't someone who Nym had any interest in listening to, not after saying something so glaringly idiotic. She'd let teachers lecture her, but she didn't have any reason to stick around and listen to some clueless, rich, know-it-all tell her about the 'facts of life' when she was so far removed from the world that Nym lived in they may as well have been on different planets. She turned around and made for the door, leaving Mika to run her mouth at her breakfast.
'Thoughts and feelings.'

"Verbal communication."