[UPDATE] (Huntsmen Event) Death is on our Doorstep

VNN is your source for news in the land of Vytal. Hosted by Lisa Lavender and Cyril Ian.
Cassandra Lavay
Huntsmen
Race: Human
Weapon: Zander/Yulon
Semblance: Adrenaline Rush (Die another day)

Post by Cassandra Lavay » Fri May 26, 2017

All the TV's, computers, and scrolls flash a message saying that a state of emergency has been declared in Vale. Meanwhile at Beacon Academy several transports filled with soldiers unload an occupy the air pad. All of which stemmed from a reporter that got to nosy for her own good.

~Several Days Earlier~

"... and as you can see the school has come a long way in its recovery since the attack at the hands of the mysterious Grimm cultist." The reporter said finishing up her story on the recent attacks at Beacon. "So, how was it?" She asked her producer as her camera man started to pack everything up when suddenly, the trio's attention was stolen.

A heavily damage bull head had just landed and an injured man came limping out of the vehicle while several people from the school came running out. Naturally curious the reporter and her crew quickly got into gear. "Start shooting!" The producer ordered as the woman readied herself. "We are on the scene here. Something has just happened..." She went on to describe the scene and even attempted to get a microphone in front of a few people all who answered with 'No comment.' Unsatisfied by this answer she went straight to the source pushing their way to the injured man who started yelling frantically. "IT'S REAL, IT'S REAL, the threat is real!". The reporter wasted no time quickly asking follow-up questions. "What threat? What is out there." The man barely aware of his surrounding or who he was talking too. "A Grimm a massive one it could..."

He was cut off by one of the professors at the school telling him to shush while a black-haired huntress stood in the way of the reporter asking them to please step away he needed space. With little regard for what this story would due to people the reporter chose to submit it instead of the story about the school. She claimed that a mighty and terrible Grimm was out there, and going for shock value she made sure to claim that it was near Vale. Within days a panic had set in not only was there this mighty creature to deal with, but the fear and panic from the citizen drew the attention of even more Grimm.

~Today~

After the announcement went up to the general population the students of Beacon were called for an emergency meeting in the Amphitheater. When students arrived, they would see several members of the staff as well as handful of individuals who were undoubtedly huntsmen on the stage. Cassandra Lavay one of the huntsmen who has been around the school quite a bit recently had a micro phone in her hand.

She started by thanking the students for coming, but wasted no time leaping right into the meat of the reason they were here. "Thank you all for coming. We have little time to spare which is why you have all been summoned. There is a grave an terrible threat to the city of Vale out there..." Her tone was one of concern and fear as she truly wasn't sure how they were going to handle this threat with so few huntsmen. "Unfortunately, before we could deal with this threat the story was leaked to the general populous and now we have a true epidemic on our hands the fear of the people have drawn in Grimm from all over the nearby area. We MUST defend the city, and there are not enough of us huntsmen to do so on our own." Cassandra paused looking to the people behind for a second before turning back to the students. "Today, we need all of you to help, today we need all of you to be huntsmen."

Cassandra then went on to explain that they needed as many volunteers as possible to help stop the main threat as well as those around the city and the surrounding region. She also made sure to let it be known how imperative it was that they act quickly. The plan was to have the students assigned and mobilized within the hour.
Last edited by Cassandra Lavay on Fri Jun 09, 2017, edited 5 times in total.
Being a Huntsman is the pinnacle of selflessness as it is our responsibility to give everything for the protection of the kingdoms.

Talking ----- Thinking

Sponsor

Sponsor

Cassandra Lavay
Huntsmen

Re: (Huntsmen Event) Death is on our Doorstep

Post by Cassandra Lavay » Fri May 26, 2017

Alright everyone it is officially here I'm so excited to make the official announcement for my huntsmen event! Here is how it’s all going to work.

The Hard Event (Main Event): The standard application process for the main event will start today. Please, send a PM to Cassandra over the site, and you must be at least semester 2 to apply. Applications will then close on ~~~JUNE 9th~~~. On the 9th I will message the 4 students who got in informing them of this. The event itself will start on the 11th.

The reason for this two-day gap is because this will be handled slightly differently than previous events.

The Easy Event: Shall function normally with a templated clone that groups can just copy and paste.

The Medium and Very Hard Events: Here is where it will change a bit. In the hopes of providing a unique experience for as many people as possible there will be 3 different sub events at each difficulty that will be claimed on a first come first serve basis. Due to this and the reason why people will know in advance if they are in the main, hard event, or not is I would like people to already have at least 3 or 4 students lined up and committed to the event.

E.g.: Once announced a student would send Cassandra a message saying myself, student 2, student 3, and student 4 would like chose (Insert huntsmen name here). I will then as quickly as possible respond with saying that the event in theirs or had already been claimed. I will make sure that I am available all day on the 11th for this purpose.

Now, I will say while the sub event will be fun and unique I greatly encourage you all to apply for the main event as it will truly have something never before seen and hopefully will not disappoint. Anyway, if you have any questions please do not hesitate to ask. I will provide an update with more information on the 9th, but here is the basics.

Easy: Geared towards semester 1, but I would allow a semester 2.
Medium: Geared for semester 2, 3's Allowed, 1's Highly discouraged.
Hard (Main): Geared for 3's and 4's, 2's are allowed to apply, but this will be rather difficult for a 2.
Very Hard: Geared for very capable 3's and 4's.

Medium
Lt. Victor Whitehall
Jaina Forrester
Apollo Sunstrider
Hard - Main Event - Cassandra Lavay
Very Hard
Rainy Dubois
Dr. Gladwell
Aiden Blueblood
Being a Huntsman is the pinnacle of selflessness as it is our responsibility to give everything for the protection of the kingdoms.

Talking ----- Thinking

Cassandra Lavay
Huntsmen

Re: (Huntsmen Event) Death is on our Doorstep

Post by Cassandra Lavay » Fri Jun 09, 2017

I would like to congratulate:

Calli Cirrus
Coral Skylight
Meliae Silvana
Sierra Contras

On being accepted into the main event. I will be honest there were a lot of wonderful candidates, and it was extremely tough to select the final people. I truthfully wish I could of ran two groups. I've sent all of you a message with some information please make sure to get back to me over the site or on the discord. Thank you and lets have some fun!

Talking ----- Thinking

Cassandra Lavay
Huntsmen

Re: [Update] (Huntsmen Event) Death is on our Doorstep

Post by Cassandra Lavay » Fri Jun 09, 2017

Alright, for the people that weren't selected or didn't apply to the main event FEAR NOT for there is a lot of other wonderful options. Now I have received several questions as to how these will work, and now that people know if they are in the main event or not I will go ahead, and explain in as much detail as possible.

Easy: There will be a single easy event that will be posted in full on the 11th. This event may be cloned and ran by as many groups as you like. (More the merrier in my opinion) This event difficulty is aimed at semester 1's in groups of 3 or 4.

Easy Clone - Vale
The majority of the students who bravely volunteered to assist Vale in this time of crisis are dispersed around cities' borders along with: Soldiers, police officers, and even some brave civilians who were willing to take up arms. They are then tasked with a simple order "NOTHING GETS TO THE CITY!"

Medium: Here is where it changes. There will be 3 different scenarios' geared towards semester 2's (Although 3's are welcome to join) for 4 people. Below is a brief summary of the three events, so please take a moment to read them over.

Med Event 1 - Academy Gardens
NPC: Lt. Victor Whitehall

Pretext: A youthful looking man wearing an officer's uniform calls you over. He speaks in a formal tone although you hear a hint of disappointment in his voice. "Hello students, we've been assigned the task of protecting the school..." The young soldier takes a deep breath before continuing. "Our job is to make sure while everyone is away nothing attacks the school itself." Security was still at the forefront of everyone's minds after the invasion from the Grimm Cultists and with all the panic and chaos this would be as good of time as any for potential trouble to arise.
Med Event 2 - Industrial District
NPC: Jaina Forrester

Pretext: A woman approaches the group of students that has been assigned to her. Wearing a brown trench coat, she appears to be over worked and under stress. Rubbing her temple, she addresses everyone in a to-the-point tone. "Listen, with all this crap going on some people have taken to the streets, and started looting. On top of that some major gangs have attempted to make some moves while law enforcement is to distract." Her fist began to clench as she continued. "This scum think they can take advantage of people during the chaos." Looking each student over it's evident that she wished there was any other option then turning to the students of Beacon. "This should be a job for the VPD, but we are simply stretched to capacity..." With a long sigh, she concluded. "...anyway, come on. Let's go."
Med Event 3 - Forever Fall - Tawny-Laurel W-Taupe-Ivory
NPC: Apollo Sunstrider

Pretext: Standing off to the side in front of the far transport is a man clad from head to toe in armor. Waving his group over the man seems oddly optimistic for someone prepared to go into what may as well be a war zone. "Students! Over here!" He yells trying to draw the groups attention. "I'm so proud of all of you for volunteering to this assignment you are a true testament to what a huntsmen should be!" Despite his strange demeanor the large man at least gives off the appearance of a fierce warrior due to imposing size, and armament. "We can't waste time, there is a convoy of people approaching for a nearby village seeking shelter within the city. Our job is to make sure every single one of them make it to Vale intact." Before even finishing the eager knight already begins boarding the transport waving for everyone to follow.
Med Event 4 - Mt. Glenn - Magnolia-Olivia-Cole-Gin
NPC: Autumn Evergold

Pretext: A concerned looking woman stood in front of one of the bullheads. Regret seemed to fill her eyes, and even showed in her posture. In her mind, this was completely absurd what were these people thinking dragging students... children into this fight. No matter how dire the situation was throwing away lives wasn't going to help anyone, but eventually regaining her composer the bronzed skin woman addressed her group. "Greetings, as you should be more than aware the entire city and the surrounding area is on lock down." Adjusting her glassed upwards the woman sighed slightly before continuing. "A steady wave of Grimm have been exiting the ruined city of Mt. Glenn and making their way to Vale. Our job is to create a forward defensive position to try and take some pressure off the close proximity defenses." Instead of instilling confidence the woman chose to do quite the opposite. "If you do not feel up to the task there is no shame in turning around. However, if you're feeling bold let's go." With that she turned around and took the first seat in the vehicle.

Now that the information is available the way you select one of these scenario's is by forming a group of at least 3 people (4 is recommended) and sending a message to me with the names. I will then message the person back with the appropriate intro text, and the spawns. These events will be given out on a first come first serve basis, and once someone has selected one I will update the list by labeling it as [NOT AVAILABLE]

Very Hard: This will function in the exact same way as medium for the purposes of applying. However, instead of giving you just the intro text. I will be playing the huntsmen below as a live PC during the course of the event. These are aimed at very capable semester 3's and 4's

VH Event 1 - Mt. Glenn
Huntsmen: Rainy Dubois

Pretext: A very short rabbit Faunus approaches her face looks incredibly young there is even a chance you may mistake this girl for a new student. Her higher pitched voice only aided in this thought process until she began her instructions. "Attention students, my name is Rainy and we are being dispatched to Mt. Glenn." Pausing a moment, it was evident that the rabbit was frazzled by the events of today yet only her face shows this emotion her tone remained completely positive. "All of the fear and uncertainty generated by this awful Grimm has brought about quite a few others to our doorstep. While most are of the smaller variety and are being mopped up by the military there have been several larger ones as well. We don't exactly know what type of creatures these are, but we do know they are very BIG! Anyway, look after each other, and we will get through this only the best students have been chosen for this assignment, and I have absolute faith that we shall succeed." Before boarding the transport Rainy makes eye contact with each and every one of the student giving them a look a concerned mother would give.
VH Event 2 - Forever Fall - Laurel G-Clyde-Blaze-Ashe
Huntsmen: Dr. Gladwell

Pretext: A tall and slender calls you over. She is wearing thin framed glasses and has jet black hair in a very well put together updo. Upon first glance the woman looks as if she would be better suited in a lab coat with a stethoscope around her neck than in a staging area with a weapon at her side. "Hello students, thank you for volunteering I already respect each and every one of you for your bravery." Her voice is professional and yet it also has an underlying lair of warmth. "Before the borders to Vale were locked down a final train was expected to arrive a half hour ago. However, the conductor reported minor trouble on his final approach, and since it has been complete radio silence." It's evident that the woman is already prepared to assume the worst, however he final words show that her resolve is clear. "We are being sent to quickly inspect what has happened and bring back any survivors. If there is even a SINGLE living person we will make sure they make it back to the city safely." Leaving no time for questions the doctor motions for all the students to follow her as there is no time to waste.
VH Event 3 - Emerald Forest - Jim-Ava-Shana-Ellie
Huntsmen: Aiden Blueblood

Pretext: A middle-aged man came forth, his faded navy-blue hair scruffy and parted. His steel blue trench coat flowed in the wind as he stopped in front of the students, glancing between them. “So, which one of you kids drew the short straw?” A soft smile cracked his lips open, and he paced along the line of Beacon’s finest. “Listen up. I’m not here to question your abilities – putting your lives on the line for the people of Vale is proof enough. Now, that said…” He stopped, half-facing the transport. His expression turned solemn as he looked back to the row of students. “It won’t be easy out there. Some of you might get hurt, maybe worse… but you’re all going to return. Alive.” Lingering on them for a few seconds more, he pulled his gaze away and entered the ship. “Our group’s been assigned to the primary target - no ifs, no buts. Gather your things, we leave in two minutes.” Taking a seat upfront, he leaves himself unstrapped as they depart, contemplating the fate of the mission.

I truly hope this alleviates any questions you all have, but if there is anything else do not hesitate to ask over the site or over discord. Again, above all else I really hope everyone enjoys this!

Talking ----- Thinking