Level 3: Hitting 'Retry' After A Long Night (Private)

Your everyday shopping goods and items for sale can be found here. Ranging from clothing, weapons, accessories, food and beverages, bars and clubs, vehicle purchases, and the recently targeted industry Dust shops.
Emile Fuschia
1st Semester
Race: Human
Weapon: Healing Buster
Semblance: Level Up!

Post by Emile Fuschia » Tue Apr 17, 2018

Sunset. The beginning of the twilight which calls forth the moon from its slumber during the day, and beckons the stars that were hiding from the light to shine down one by one from the darkening sky above. Familiar scenarios in the back of one's mind play out, the mind of the medic who remembers clearly the events of both some time ago and not so long ago, both revolving around a girl who he had met under the most interesting of circumstances. The most recent events, however, left the medic in a slight worry until the invitation out of the campus and into the city itself was given to him almost out of nowhere.

So here Emile was after arriving early, his attire unchanged for the most part from his usual appearance though lacking the signature white coat in favor of a maroon parka jacket. Sitting on a park bench nearby the streets where celebrations were soon to be had, he watched many couples and families passing through as the Maker's Moon holiday was commencing. 'A celebration of new life and passion' is what this time of year brought with it and with the people that pass by as he sat alone, his thoughts seem to drift far away from where he was. Here he was, in a city unfamiliar to him but yet feeling somewhat more homely than his own, and could he really consider himself alone just yet? He did have someone he could look to, but even then, could he trust her just yet? Though doubt persisted in the mind of the medic, the gamer quickly stood up so suddenly that he shocked himself a little. As thought defying his own doubt, Emile nodded to himself as an answer to his question.

I need to trust her. She's trusted me so far, after all, especially with what happened to her that night... It's only fair that she knows more about me too. The medic thought to himself, sitting back down on the bench that would be their meeting point for the evening while he waited for the golden-eyed girl to appear to him and preparing for any surprise entrances like the one from the first night they met.
"I'll clear this game, no problem!" - Emile's catchphrase
"I'll only heal those who are super good at co-op!" - 'Gamer M' catchphrase
Battle Theme: Battle Against A True Hero (8-Bit Remix)

Sponsor

Sponsor

Laurel Wayfarer
4th Semester
Weapon: Clara Transitu
Semblance: Asomatous

Re: Level 3: Hitting 'Retry' After A Long Night (Private)

Post by Laurel Wayfarer » Tue Apr 17, 2018

It had taken her a long time to work up the courage to face him again. Many months had passed since she last saw him...mainly due to the mixture of shame and guilt that she associated with her idiotic drunken display. To have someone she barely knew be so kind, take her in for the night, and deal with her emotional mess was selfless in a way that had touched her heart. Uncomfortably so. Of all the people she’d met, apart from Cassie, he had been there for one of her weakness moments since arriving at Beacon. An inebriated tirade about sleeping around and damaging relationships leading into her own deep rooted emotional insecurity reveal with the Huntress had left her drained. Emile wandering by had been a coincidence that led to her gratefully spending the night in his dorm.

She couldn’t remember everything that had been talked about or much else apart from sleeping off her hangover and crawling back to her own dorm. What she should have done was thank him and talk to him about what had happened a few days after she had recovered. Instead, her inability to deal with deep emotional introspection led to occasional messages and avoiding the topic altogether. The medic might not have seen like that, all well and good for her, but it still gnawed at her…so she had worked up the courage to see if he would like to meet her tonight. Laurel hadn’t considered their plans would line up with the Maker’s Moon though it was oddly appropriate. The celebration of creation and life, one of her favorites, could easily tie into the bonds that had been formed with others no matter if they were friendships or more.

So here she was, lamenting the chilly night and yanking a pocketed, loose dove gray sweater dress out of her closet. The soft, warm fabric would keep the chill at bay without the need for another outer layer, hopefully. The hem stopped about mid thigh, mainly due to her round rear, and paired well with tights that matched her skin tone. Khaki knee-high boots completed the look, the flat heels ensuring she wouldn’t have sore feet by the end of the night. The blush pink scarf she wrapped around her neck could double as a hooded wrap, buttons and loops on the edges to keep it in place. Her usual outfit, jeans and leather, didn’t feel right...likely because that was what he’d seen her in when she drowned her sorrows so selfishly.

The ride to the commercial district had felt longer than the mere minutes it took. As she approached the agreed upon meeting spot, Laurel tried to shake away the guilt that clung to her. It didn’t take her long to spot him, the maroon parka different from his lab coat, and closed the distance between them with quick steps. “Hey, Emile. Thanks fer agreein’ ta hang out. Figured it’s been too long and after what I put ya through, well, I owe ya.” A small smile and bright golden gaze settled on Emile.
"Spare a thought for the origin of your adversaries, whomever or whatever they are." #FF3366
Staring never hurt anyone~ #FFDDF4
♪ ♫Signature Song: Fighter♪ ♫
♪ ♫Battle Theme: Warrior Concerto♪ ♫
Laurel Thread List

Emile Fuschia
1st Semester
Weapon: Healing Buster
Semblance: Level Up!

Post by Emile Fuschia » Wed Apr 18, 2018

The familiar voice unheard of for what seemed like quite some time since the incident involving a drunken night caused the medic to turn his head towards the golden-eyed Laurel, who approached him in an unexpectedly direct manner rather than like a trick as with their first encounter. Of course, compared to his own rather unchanged appearance, the mischief-making girl attire was one that caused a natural smile to appear on his face, though that also meant that he had to keep his nerves in check once again. After all, it was Laurel, there wasn't a need to force confidence through the gamer side of himself. "Owe me? I-I assure you, you don't owe me anything." Emile stated simply, standing up in the girl's presence and meeting her golden eyes with his own hazel ones. "However, I suppose we both owe each other a chance to talk more than we have been."

Though they rarely had proper conversations unlike the first time they met, there were words that went unspoken between the two of them from the first night and the long night that was in the past. However, he had every intention of getting most of his unspoken words heard this very evening. The only question remaining was how much did the girl in front of him have to say to him? His thoughts on this were interrupted as he felt vibrations coming from the device in his jacket pocket, pulling out his Scroll briefly to check the caller ID before immediately declining while the device's screen was out of sight. "Right, well, uh, we should start taking a look around, right? I know we need to talk, but I think a walk while we do will help us both, don't you think?" the medic suggested, reaching his free hand out to the other while slipping his Scroll back into his jacket with the other.
"I'll clear this game, no problem!" - Emile's catchphrase
"I'll only heal those who are super good at co-op!" - 'Gamer M' catchphrase
Battle Theme: Battle Against A True Hero (8-Bit Remix)

Laurel Wayfarer
4th Semester
Weapon: Clara Transitu
Semblance: Asomatous

Post by Laurel Wayfarer » Fri Apr 20, 2018

A slight shrug of her shoulders and softening of her smile were her immediate response to the denial. She already knew that Emile was a medic, doctor in training, and taking care of a friend who wasn’t in their right mind was his duty. Knowing that he hadn’t done it for any other reason than she’d been in trouble and could use his help didn’t erase what she felt. It was weird and unsettling, but that only made it worse somehow. Why? A slightly detached perspective was good...right? “Guess I don’t owe ya as much as I feel like I do. Silly...I know ya were only doin’ what I needed that night.” That’s exactly right. He’d been the friend she needed and watched over her as she slept off the cheap liquor she had imbibed. A nod of her head lead into her next words. “Yer right, o’course. We haven’t really talked since the first time we met and last time we saw each other I was...not myself.” A bit of an understatement, but right enough.

Moss green brows rose as his scroll went off and was then silenced just as quickly. Curiosity had always been her weakness, heaps of trouble depending on the situation, but she bit her lip. Emile didn’t seem too happy about whoever had been on the other end though their identity had been hidden by the angel of the screen. “Sure, sure! A walk is always nice, a pretty night fer it, too.” People were out and about, couples and the stray kid with their family, so they wouldn’t look out of place in the slightest. If anything, they’d just look like another couple on a date among the many already doing the same. Again, a pang in her chest made her more concerned than before. Laurel slipped her hand into his outstretched one, the warmth of his skin on hers was enough to make her hold onto him a bit tighter than she meant. “Sorry...I’m fine goin’ wherever ya wanna.” Her smile, while still soft, had grown a bit smaller. She wasn’t used to what she was experiencing right now...feeling like this.
"Spare a thought for the origin of your adversaries, whomever or whatever they are." #FF3366
Staring never hurt anyone~ #FFDDF4
♪ ♫Signature Song: Fighter♪ ♫
♪ ♫Battle Theme: Warrior Concerto♪ ♫
Laurel Thread List