Binging Icecream Doesn't Work (Private w/ Kaela | Mature)

At the dorms you and your team mates will work together, build friendships and establish relationships, organize your goals and group projects, and just to rest and relax. Even the best Hunters and Huntress need their beauty sleep.
Psitti Rouge
2nd Semester
Race: Faunus
Weapon: Dust Weave
Semblance: Soundwave

Post by Psitti Rouge » Thu Apr 05, 2018

Another spoonful found its way into her mouth. The cold, sweet flavor of pistachio and cream flooded her senses, briefly washing away the sadness in her heart. But when it faded, that same horrid, gaping hole came burning back underneath. Psitti Rouge, alone in her room, was depressed. Her tear-stained cheeks and reddened, swollen eyes were evidence of that. She'd skipped school the day before, and today, too. She wasn't answering her Scroll, and even the three missed calls from her mother went unreturned, as well as the obvious follow-up texts she'd sent.

Psitti was currently lying in her hammock, she'd hung it over the bed in her dorm, which went unused now that she had her preferred sleeping method met. It was in a sense easier to curl up into a ball, the cloth of the thing felt somewhat like a hug about her shoulders and thighs. Across the room, she'd set up her ancient radio, and she was considering turning it off because of the song that lilted through her airspace.

I don't want to set the world on fire...
I just want to start
A flame in your heart...

In my heart I have but one desire...
And that one is you
No other will dooo...

It was a reflection in a sense of how she felt right now. Nym's mental breakdown had seen her being berated for the fourth time in less than two weeks, and right now she felt overwhelmed, under appreciated, and venerable. She was upset, she was in pain, she was pretty sure there was even some anger in there somewhere, which scared her, because anger was a dangerous, useless emotion that she never took well to.

She shoveled another spoonful of ice cream into her mouth. She wanted to make tea, but she also didn't want to move right now. She weighed the options. Her ice cream was starting to melt, so she dragged herself up and shuffled into the kitchenette to put on a kettle of water.
"I see you there..."

"I wish I could fly, from this building, from this wall~
And if I should try, would you catch me if I fall?"

'Stormy thoughts on calm waters.'

Battle theme!
ALT: Mika Mefkāt

Sponsor

Sponsor

Kaela Evental
1st Semester
Weapon: Sylphrena
Semblance: Lashing and Tethering

Re: Binging Icecream Doesn't Work (Private w/ Kaela | Mature)

Post by Kaela Evental » Wed Apr 18, 2018

Kaela was starting to get worried. Psitti wasn't one to skip class, certainly not two days in a row. And the fact that she wasn't answering her Scroll was also something to fret over. Kaela's mind began to race, starting to spin wild tales of the reasons as to why she was missing. Eventually coming to realize that the most logical was simply that Psitti was sick in bed, Kaela volunteered to take the curriculum material that she had missed to her. So steadily Kaela began to make her way to Psitti's dorm room, her footsteps light on the carpet of the hall.

Asking around for directions and pausing multiple times to make sure that she had them right, Kaela finally arrived outside her friend's dorm. She was greeted by the sound of a radio, playing what seemed a sad love-song. Kaela closed her eyes and let the words carry her away a moment, to another time where she had felt that kind of love. That kind of pain. Only when the song finished, did Kaela return to this plane and raise her hand lightly to tap on the door. *Rap tap tap.* "Hello. Psitti? Are you there? It's Kaela. Are-are you alright? I uhm, asked the professors if I could bring you the material you missed."
“I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.”

Talking

Psitti Rouge
2nd Semester

Post by Psitti Rouge » Wed Apr 18, 2018

There hadn't been much else to do but sniffle, grasp the edge of the counter, and lean over the water that was slowly beginning to steam, for Psitti, it was a matter of attempting to calm herself. But as luck often had it, right when she'd been trying to do so, there came a knock at the door. It wasn't her father's knock, but it still alarmed her, and at first, her heart leapt into her throat. Who could it be...? She decided almost immediately that she shouldn't stray away from it. What if it was Nym? What if she'd been coming to apologize?

She stepped to the door, and that's when Kaela's voice sounded clearly through the thin wood that separated them. Her face almost nearly screwed up again in heart-wrenching pain. Here she was, so venerable about being emotionally ignored, and yet Kaela had stopped by, just to bring her her assignments so she didn't ruin her grades...?

It was enough that tears started to trail down her cheeks again, and by the time she opened the door, she was a mess again. Her eyes were watery beyond belief, and she opened her mouth as if to say something, managing a barely audible squeak before her chest heaved once with anguish and she tried to suck in a raspy breath.

She couldn't say anything, but never the less she stood before Kaela, a weeping mess, and slowly grasped the papers from the other Faunus.

"Th-thank you so much...!" she squeaked, clutching her assignments to her chest. How could she be so blind? It was like her sadness had removed her ability to remember that she'd actually made a friend here at Beacon. She'd felt so alone and discarded that she'd barely registered the fact that Kaela might have cared.

She broke down in her doorway, and hid her eyes with an arm, letting the tears come as she sobbed against her forearm. Damn it...! She'd been trying so hard to control herself...!
"I see you there..."

Battle theme!

Kaela Evental
1st Semester

Post by Kaela Evental » Wed Apr 18, 2018

Kaela waited patiently for the door to open with a smile on her face. She hummed a little tune, the same tune she had hummed when she first met Psitti. But this time, something was wrong. Her smile faltered in lieu of Psitti's sadness, concern immediately blooming into existence. This wasn't the smiling, happy go lucky girl that she remembered. This Psitti was tear-stricken, weeping softly in the doorway. "Sorry- I uhm, did I do something wrong?" Kaela asked, believing for the moment that Psitti's grief was her fault. She didn't know what to do. Kaela had never been good with dealing with grief. But, thinking back to when she had experienced grief as sharp as this and what she would've wanted from others, Kaela suddenly knew what to do.

A tear slowly slid down her cheek as Kaela ducked and stepped forwards into Psitti's room closing the door behind her. Normally, she would never do so without Psitti's permission but felt that the circumstances warranted it. She brought Psitti in for a tight hug, cradling the smaller girl against her. She let her cry, her shirt absorbing the tears as she hummed a comforting song into Psitti's ear. Her actions beyond all, communicated one important thing. That she was here for Psitti, that she understood. That Psitti could open up to her.
“I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.”

Talking

Psitti Rouge
2nd Semester

Post by Psitti Rouge » Sat Apr 21, 2018

She had somehow known that Kaela might know what to do. Why hadn't she asked to see her sooner? Her thoughts were racing around this idea, this ignorance of her own friends, her part in everything regarding her failures with Nym, and Ax... But Kaela didn't seem to let it bother her in the slightest, because once she started to understand, she simply stepped inside, closed the door, and gave her a hug. It was a hug that Psitti so desperately needed. Kaela was large, she was warm, and it felt safe, it felt okay to cry. Her hands fist into tight clenching balls against Kaela's shirt, tightening, crumpling the papers of her assignments slightly, and she sobbed heavily against her.

"I-I-d-don't know wh-what I did wrong," she managed, "I-I just..." She hiccuped, it was a bit hard not to be a mess right now. Everything had been so very horrid lately. Her father's words stung at her heart again. Was she only going to be a failure? Was she doomed to fail again and again like this?

"I just wanted to help her, Kaela!" she shouted, and sighed heavily.

"Nym, she... She got mad at me, she..." It was too painful to state it. Threatening someone's life like that? What would it make Kaela think of Nym? For her to get that angry... She didn't want to color Kaela's opinion of Nym, she'd already expressed that she thought well of the fox Faunus...

"She yelled, threatened me... I just don't know what I did wrong... All I did was mention Ax, offhandedly, once, and it just...! She just exploded." Her face wound up in the pain her heart felt again, and she sighed and pulled away from the other girl, going to the kitchen to try again at getting her tea ready. She put her papers on the counter, and went to her cabinet to fetch some peppermint tea. Her fingers didn't want to agree with her, and she fumbled with the packaging of one of her boxes of teabags.
"I see you there..."

Battle theme!

Kaela Evental
1st Semester

Post by Kaela Evental » Thu May 17, 2018

Kaela thanked her lucky stars that she was right; a hug was exactly what the girl needed. She also thanked them for the fact that she was able to wrap her body entirely around Psitti's smaller one, thereby creating a safespace for the girl to break down. And it was heartbreaking to see as Psitti's fists clumped up her shirt and her shoulders shook with sobs. It was wrong, somehow seeing Psiti cry and incongruent with the image that Kaela had of the smiling bird Faunus. Kaela drew the smaller girl in closer. Carefully, so as to not hurt the sensitive feathers on top Psitti's head, Kaela cradled the back of her friend's head with one hand.

She then craned her neck down to whisper. "First of all, you have to know that you didn't do anything wrong. None of this was your fault, and you are not a failure because of it." She said, again borrowing from the infinite wisdom of her mother. She had said and done the very same things to Kaela on the night of her greatest failure. "I know it doesn't feel like it, but I'm here to tell you that it's true. You, Psitti, are a wonderful, brilliant beacon of kindness." She said, smiling and releasing the girl as she went to make tea. "Nym and Ax... are complicated individuals. I told you before that she was hurt on the inside? That's true, and judging from the context of what Ax told me, they are friends. But both of them likely feel betrayed by the other. Ax, because she feels that Nym's actions reflect by extension on her and that she can't stand to see her destroy herself. And Nym, because of well..." Kaela trailed off, figuring that the rest was obvious. "But, that doesn't mean they get the right to hurt you because of it. I won't let them and neither should you. I've got your back, little bird." She said conveying a important message. "Now what do you want to do?"

Talking

Psitti Rouge
2nd Semester

Post by Psitti Rouge » Fri May 18, 2018

Psitti stood poised over her tea kettle, and pressed her hands up to the corners of the counter. How was she supposed to keep from weeping with Kaela saying things like that? They meant a lot, because she had nothing to go off of... She'd never had a girl come on to her the way Nym did, she'd been so taken aback by that swaying charm, the rough-around-the-edges... It nearly made her cringe when she started to think about Nym again. She shoved it back, building a mental wall against that image. No, she had been inconsiderate... She wasn't perfect!

"I don't know what I want," she admitted in an upset tone, and slumped slightly over the kettle and the slowly heating stove underneath. The warmth rose, it slipped through the air, she could feel it on her face, and it calmed her ever so slightly more, and then some when the steam from the water started to rise again. But it didn't last long.

"Ax..." she mumbled darkly, and her knuckles cocked in an aggressive way, furrowing her digits along the granite tile.

"I don't give a damn what she thinks," she suddenly spat, and threw her head to the side, her feathers rising quickly to perch at an odd angle over her skull, not quite fully erect.

"She says she can read emotions, or some stupid shit? Well Nym can try to see the future, and what did that get either of them?!" She slammed an angry fist on the counter. Something really irked her about those facts. These people had Semblances. She'd been told so many times of the glory of Huntsmen and their unique abilities, and what the hell were they even doing with them?! Nym didn't see a damn thing, and Ax put so much weight into reading emotion that she couldn't see logic?!

"Is that really it?!" she shouted, and smacked her palm square to the middle of her forehead. Psitti fell against the tile and wood, groaning loudly and shoving her cheeks deep into the thickness of her hoodie's sleeves. Her frustration bubbled at the Dust in her weave, and it shone silver from between the folds of fabric and darkened skin of her cheeks as it rolled forth in a gust of dubious wind, plastering glittering crystals like dust all about the kitchen counter.

"How is it that my sample size of Beacon has been such a shit sandwich, Kaela? I meet Nym, then I meet you, then I meet Ax. First Ax kicks both Nym and I from her room, rudely, claiming I'm some kind of fake and then telling Nym to fuck off, I mean it... How can that be someone's best friend? And yet Nym was so affected she just... Bolted... I couldn't do anything. I couldn't stop it. I didn't even know what was going on... It was worse than Combat Class." She tried to take a deep breath, but it was shaking and exasperated, and she slowly rolled her thumbs against her ears, which included her temples because of her Faunus nature.

"I can't believe I'm dragging you in to this... You don't deserve that. You've been nothing but understanding, from what I can tell. You're like the exact opposite of Ax and Nym... How do you even know Ax? No, don't answer that. It's probably not something I'll want to hear, I bet..." She cast her glance toward Kaela, and then to the side once more, and leaned against her counter, her front facing Kaela now.
"I see you there..."

Battle theme!