Ice Cream Social (OPEN)

An indoor general area safe from Grimm monsters and a general place to lounge and dine.
Kaminari Kumori
3rd Semester
Race: Human
Weapon: Amearare
Semblance: Denki

Ice Cream Social (OPEN)

Post by Kaminari Kumori » Sat May 05, 2018

The chill of the sweet dessert was a pleasant touch to a mildly warm day. A content sigh escaped the long-haired blonde's lips, enjoying the black raspberry ice cream that sat in a bowl in front of him. 'I can't remember the last time I managed to get some ice cream. I'll have to see if there's any places in Vale that might be good to go to.' He brought his left hand up to push some falling bangs off to the side out of habit, not wanting to have black raspberry hair.

With another spoonful of the treat taken, Kami glanced back over to the small gathering of students that made up the volunteers for the Ice Cream Social, wondering just how many students did happen to see the somewhat colorful and artistic flyers posted through the halls in various places, and how many more would actually pay attention to a public gathering of free desserts. He couldn't deny that they had a lot of variety in the flavors, having the basics in addition to a few alternatives on request, such as his own favored flavor.

As it currently stood, there were a small handful of casual passing students scattered across the tables but none that were notable past a wandering eye. There were also a couple who got a bowl and walked off, taking their disposable containers and going off on their own to who knew where.

'Can't exactly say I'd judge them. I'd probably be off too if I had an excuse...' In all honesty, the only thing that kept him there was the complete lack of things to do on this day. The decision to eat and glance about seemed as good as he was going to get.
"The only opinion about someone that matters is how they think of themselves."

'Thoughts. ~696969'
"Speaking. ~FFD700"

Ice Cream Social (OPEN)

Sponsor

Sponsor

Oliver Hughs
1st Semester
Race: Human
Weapon: Fusillade
Semblance: Vying Might

Re: Ice Cream Social (OPEN)

Post by Oliver Hughs » Sat May 05, 2018

Oliver would have been blind to not notice all of the fliers and notices advertising the Ice Cream Social event that was going on in at the Dining Hall. On top of that, even if he was never a fan of sweet treats or cold food, he had always had the mentality that 'if it's free then it's for me...' which explained why he was currently eyeballing several of the containers full of different flavors, trying to decide on one to get. The line that had formed up behind him was quickly moving once again though after he shrugged and pointed at a sickly green looking flavor that was labeled 'pistachio' to which he grinned and thanked the volunteer for once the cone had been handed over across the counter to his possession.

Considering it was ice cream, the color and texture of the stuff made it look quite...unappetizing. It was full of the nuts it was named after and the green hue of the cool, sugary treat was more akin to that of guacamole. But that didn't stop Oliver from literally taking a bite out of it as if it were a sandwich...once it passed the 'smell test' of course (in which it'd proved to smell surprisingly sweet). "Huh...well, at least I've got a 'go to' flavor now more or less...not bad...for something all sugary" he'd think to himself, nodding as he lightly munched on the bite he'd taken and allowed it to melt in his mouth easily before scanning the tables, making to sit down at the same one as the blonde that seemed to be enjoying a bowl of his own icy treat.

"What's going on man?" he'd offer in greeting, a physical nod of the head used to punctuate and identify that he was, in fact, speaking to Kami. He'd have said something else, or even introduced himself, but he'd reflexively made to stuff his face full of another frigid bite of the pistachio ice cream cone he had in his hand, the cold biting back into his teeth and gums which he tried hard not to wince at...but failed.
#8A9A5B, Speaking
#C7EA46, Thinking