A Caffeinated Encounter [private]

Your everyday shopping goods and items for sale can be found here. Ranging from clothing, weapons, accessories, food and beverages, bars and clubs, vehicle purchases, and the recently targeted industry Dust shops.
Holly Cavell
1st Semester
Race: Faunus
Weapon: Encore (and technically Nightingale)
Semblance: Empath

Post by Holly Cavell » Thu May 10, 2018

Leaves crunched beneath feet, the ground of the market worn down from decades of use. For a while she couldn't look at cobblestone without seeing only blood. Blood pooling in the divots in the rock, streaming through the cracks, speckling the surface. But that was no longer the case, it seemed. For as Holly paid for her coffee-- decaf, obviously-- she saw only the cobblestone when she looked around at the market. She didn’t see bodies or blood, she couldn’t hear any screams. It was just what it was: an open air market, with vendors selling a myriad of things. It wasn’t a battle ground. The cobblestone was just cobblestone, not a deathbed.

Holly walked through the market, the hood of her sleeveless hoodie pulled up. She still didn’t trust the city enough to flash her fox ears everywhere, especially in a place as public as this. So far she’d really only had one incident regarding her faunus heritage while here, but once was enough for her.

The air was brisk, a light breeze toying with her hair as she walked. She had a specific destination in mind, and wanted to get there before someone else took it. She took out her headphones and began playing music, just hitting shuffle on her songs and letting whatever came up play; it was too good a day to be picky. Arriving at her destination, Holly settled on the edge of the fountain, setting her cup of coffee down next to her. She was pretty sure she ordered decaf. If she hadn’t, things could potentially go south very quickly. She sipped at her coffee; it didn’t taste any different than usual, which was a good sign. However, she was not acquainted with the details of coffee making to know whether or not decaf tasted different than caffeinated; usually the only way she could tell was by the unpleasant results of drinking caffeine.

Holly set her cup back down, and unslung Encore from her back. The fountain in the middle of the market seemed like the best place to play, especially since she was trying to get over her fear of playing in public. If she ever wanted to get a record deal, she’d had to start by performing gigs at bars and such, and that would never happen if she was too afraid to even touch a guitar in public. Choosing a random song off her playlist of songs she knew on the guitar, Holly began to play.

“I don't know why but my hands are shaking
I can see you coming and I stand here waiting
Yeah I get tongue tied in the conversation
It's an F'd up, bad, sick situation

I tried to tie my heart down, board up all the windows
Oh but it's too late now
I let you get too close
I know I should take cover, hide inside these four walls
But baby I surrender, it all...”
She didn’t have anything in front of her to collect money, as that wasn’t her goal in playing. She was just playing for the sake of playing. But the general public couldn’t know that, which was why there were a couple confused glances shot in her direction. She supposed some people wanted to give a coin or two to her, but didn’t know how, seeing as there was nowhere for them to put it. Either that, or she was just really terrible. Her anxiety was arguing that she was just really terrible and that’s why people were doing double takes, but she tried to smother those thoughts. The other students she’d played to had though she was good, and that had to count for something, right?

“'Cause you're a force of nature
Look at what you've done
I can taste the danger but I don't wanna run
So pull me to the ground and I won't put up a fight
I'm a caution taker, but baby you're a force of nature
Baby you're a force of nature...”
Even if Holly had wanted to collect money, she couldn’t-- she didn’t have a guitar case or a hat or anything. She played through the first chorus, looking down at the guitar instead of around at the people. She didn’t want to see their reaction to her music, for fear that it would be negative.

“...I'll be here 'till we collide
I don't care if I survive
So crash into me one more time
Yeah, yeah, oh...”
She was pretty sure she had tripped up on a chord while going into the bridge, but she didn’t want to react to her mistake; it would only draw more attention to it.

“...Baby you're a force of nature
Baby you're a force of nature...”
As the song finished up, Holly set her guitar aside and picked up her coffee once more, finally daring to look up at the surrounding area. She didn’t know if she relieved, surprised, or disappointed that no one was blatantly watching her. She wasn’t sure if she would have liked to look up and see a crowd; part of her would have been scared to death and gotten way overly self conscious, but maybe another part of her would have been proud of her accomplishment. She couldn’t be sure.
all my flowers grew back as thorns/ windows boarded up after the storm

Sponsor

Sponsor

Chroma Prismos
2nd Semester
Weapon: última caída
Semblance: Soundboy

Re: A Caffeinated Encounter [private]

Post by Chroma Prismos » Mon May 21, 2018

Chroma's walk through the commercial district's many streets was a rather normal occurrence nowadays. Aside from the odd occurrence of pretty much anything out of what he had taken as a sort of thing that the Valian population would consider out of the norm, the day had took it's progression in a rather good mood. Nothing had gone wrong so far and that certainly was a great contributor to the soundboy's typical casual air that had followed him everywhere. Maybe today there was something different in Chroma's infinitely changing schedule as really there was no schedule for him, to which everything was always different, for why really plan when life was as chaotic as it could be. The soundboy soon entered a strange place he had nary ventured upon before; it was Vale's marketplace, a place he, like before mentioned, never really found before.

The place was littered with stalls, all of which seemed to stay situated around a fountain, one that still had time to spout water into its own basin. It was obviously a new place to look about, and one that gave him some tinge of homesickness. There used to be a sort of place like this that sold curios and trinkets just out of his home of Cerulean City, though it ran by a different name -they called it a bazaar back around then, and it was quite the place to be around; but it didn't really exist here down in Vale, instead there was a market -that seemed to have similar things of such value.

Such a mind of Chroma's thought that looking around was definitely worth it, it didn't really mess with his plans at all as he tugged on his hoodie and looked about the stalls. He didn't really purchase anything, not much had taken its time to catch his eye, and certainly he didn't really allow time to allow his eyes to be caught by what there was -which mainly consisted of carvings of various materials and some bits of petty jewelry.

Alas his look through the market wasn't for naught as he decided to laze about the fountain itself, his hearing picking up on a rather peculiar sound, one that seemed to be that of a... guitar? There was also singing; and to further it all, it sounded as though it was behind him. The soundboy turned himself around somewhat, his face pointing towards the small tower that spouted water into it's basin. He turned his head back and shook it, getting up to circle the fountain. The voice certainly did sound familiar, and when he made it halfway to the destination of the roundabout fountain, he spotted someone with a guitar that seemed to play pretty well; and not only that they seemed awfully familiar, like he'd met them somewhere in some place. He decided to scooch his seat on the fountain close to the lady -not too close, but just close enough to hear it better.

As the song she played seemed to go to an end, Chroma let out something of a hum, a light one at that -and one that seemed to sound satisfied. Afterwards he reached into his hoodie pocket, pulling out a lien card -one of which he handed towards the guitar using lady. "Hey there. I think this belongs to you..." He gave his casual, easygoing smile as he spoke, continuing on soon after "haha... or at least it should for a pretty neato song." Quite frankly he didn't expect the card to be taken, but if it was, he definitely wanted to seem generous.
"Ah hey there! Jus' call me Chroma!" -Speaking(Chroma Voice modded)-#FFBF00
"Oh you know me, I'm AST3R! The DJ?" -Speaking(AST3R)-#FF00FF
"It's so loud... I love it!" -Thinking-#00FF00
Main
Battle
Chroma Things

Holly Cavell
1st Semester
Weapon: Encore (and technically Nightingale)
Semblance: Empath

Re: A Caffeinated Encounter [private]

Post by Holly Cavell » Fri May 25, 2018

Holly looked up at the sound of a voice, feeling panic rush through her briefly at the surprise. Her eyes landed on a familiar purple hoodie; she knew she had seen it somewhere before... but where? She spent what must have been too much time staring at the boy, trying to place him, before realizing he was offering her money.

“Oh, uh- um... no thanks, I- I’m not collecting... uh... just- just playing...” she said, awkwardly rejecting the money. “And it wasn’t... it wasn’t that good.” She ran a hand through her hair as she spoke, her fox ears folding back slightly to display her discomfort. She hadn’t planned on interacting with anyone today, she hadn’t hyped herself up or prepared herself for that. Of course, she was stupid to think she could sit outside playing music and not end up interacting with anyone, but she had just been hoping for the best.

“I...I didn’t even write it or nothing,” she continued, “the real version sounds... it sounds m-much better.” She fumbled for her scroll, as if wanting to play him the original song. However, halfway through the action she realized it was probably a stupid thing to do. There was a brief moment of panic, as she realized now she was already pulling her scroll from her pocket with no reason to be doing so. She did the first thing she could think of, and attempted to pull off checking the time as an excuse to take out her scroll. She didn’t even actually take note of the numbers of the screen, just checked it fast enough to make it look like she had taken it out for a reason before returning it to her back pocket.

She continued to look at the boy, trying to place him. She knew that hoodie, she definitely knew that hoodie... She was taken back to about a week ago; to playing Green Day as loud as she could out her window. It was the boy she had had the competition with!

“Oh!” The realization hit her so hard that she ended up gasping aloud, barely even registering she had done so. “You’re the- from that night- with the music...” she said, stumbling over her words as she tried to speak. She gestured vaguely to her guitar, trying to explain what she meant. She hopped the boy understood, or else things would get a lot more awkward. She also hopped she had the right guy, if not then would probably just have to hide from everybody for the rest of eternity.

Holly shifted slightly in her place on the fountain, unsure if she wanted to invite him to sit down or not. It would be the polite thing to do, right? That was what people did when they ran into someone they knew. But Holly didn’t want him to sit down, she didn’t want to have to socialize. But she also didn’t want to be rude.

Deciding it was better to be polite than comfortable, Holly slid over slightly and gestured for the boy... what was his name? Kronan? Cameron? Karma? Chroma! It was Chroma! She gestured for Chroma to take a seat beside her, internally praying that he would decline the offer and leave. She just hoped her internal battle wasn’t visible on her face or in her body posture.
all my flowers grew back as thorns/ windows boarded up after the storm