Blue Collar Blues (private w/ Jim)

This is where the hard laborers put forth their skills and craft in constructing everyday commodities and goods. Ships arrive to the ports weekly dropping off raw goods and shipping out finished products.
Kyrios Tefras
1st Semester
Race: Human
Weapon: Cyclic Flame
Semblance: Soul of Embers

Post by Kyrios Tefras » Fri May 11, 2018

Of all the things Kyrios had on his list of things, this probably wasn't one of them. Due to some of his general economic troubles, that of which being his lack of lien in his pockets, he often resorted to a myriad of odd jobs; menial work that often required something of a blue collar worker... or at least someone that was pretty good at menial work -obviously. The ashy student was just the right person for that kind of stuff, given what he had did before, and what it often entailed. Some time before, Kyrios came upon a rather interesting object; a paper specifically -and even more specifically, a job offer. The paper itself seemed normal, someone looking for some strong arms to do some heavy lifting. Compensation was expected, and what would have been gotten seemed like a rather satisfactory amount of cash. It listed a spot to be, where, when, what was to be done. All of it was appetizing to him.

-some days later-
Today was the day, and Kyrios was genuinely looking forward to it -okay, maybe not genuinely, but he had to really. It was his first shift on the job, and his walk to the specified locale was rather slow. How many damn warehouses are there!? It made everything worse that he was unfamiliar with the industrial district -where warehouses were as abundant as shady meeting spots and club locales were. With his own experience, this wasn't anything of a problem back home: Of course where he was there wasn't as gigantic as Vale was; couldn't even hold a candle to it. Slow step after slow step and the turning of his head signaled the inspectory manner as his eyes scanned the passing warehouses of their own bits of identification, a four digit number seemed to be how they went about it around these parts.

Three six two seven.... three six two nine... three six three one... seems like the place... Soon the jacket clad student had happened upon the correct designation number as he passed each storage building with a sense of irritation and inquisitiveness. Apparently the building was owned by some retailer down in the commercial district -one whose name he couldn't really recall, even if he looked at the papers once again. Either way this seemed to be the place he had to be.

Like any warehouse, it was pretty huge, large doors seemed to mark an entrance for vehicles while the smaller, person sized doors were obviously meant for people on the job. The large doors were open, and several trucks of a large enough size seemed to be parked with the trailers facing inwards towards the building for better accessibility. Even if Kyrios was used to this sort of thing, it was pretty awkward to be the new fellow to the job. This left him in a strange spot. He didn't really know the flow of the job, and it was obvious he needed some help. But he also didn't want to seem like a deer in headlights. In his mind he had to think quick, there had to be a shameless way to go about this!

Eventually the ashy student was defeated as the answer was as obvious as moldy bread; he had to get some help. Again his eyes scanned the scene, this time not for any designation but more rather for a person. When that failed, there was only one last option... leave this place and act li- okay that was the last option, but there was still one other avenue to explore. Looking in no particular direction, he simply walked up to an individual at random that seemed to be around and spoke to them. "Eyy pally. Ya know yer way around here? Kind of new to the place." If anything he hoped the fellow he did randomly pick was of the helpful sort, otherwise there might be a problem of some sort.
"These ashes provide warmth and comfort for those who accept them, will you?" Speaking FF8000
Where are they...? Thinking FF8080
Main theme: Reigniting
Battle Theme

Sponsor

Sponsor

Jim Lavay
4th Semester
Weapon: Ruin (Left) and Restoration (Right)
Semblance: Adrenaline Rush (Unending Fury)

Re: Blue Collar Blues (private w/ Jim)

Post by Jim Lavay » Mon May 14, 2018

A muffled bang echoed out from one of the hallways in the warehouse. Then another sound of wood pallet hitting the metal racks follows about 30 seconds later. However, there was no forklift, moving these pallets from the truck to the shelves instead it was a single boy. A boy dressed simply in a T-shirt and shorts with a backward cap on. This would continue for about 5 minutes until the truck was eventually empty, the door was shut, and it was driving out to clear room for the next one.

By this time Jim had been working at this place for about 6 months and most of his co-workers were used to it at this point. Though, every now and then the student does still draw the occasional look from a newer employee. That said for as strong as he was even he had his limits and after a particular group of heavy pallets he called out for a break. "Hey boss, mind if I get a few minutes?" With a nod the supervisor would give him a nod, and Jim took the opportunity by immediately heading towards the nearest door. Despite it being summer the fresh breeze would beat the hell out of the stuffy air inside.

At least this was his plan until on his way out a person called him out. A tiny sigh escaped his lips, but Jim was too nice to actually ignore the guy. This of course didn't stop him from mumbling. "...damn, almost made it..." Before turning to face the guy. Given the kind of person he was though, despite his disappointment he would still help him out. "Hey man, ya I’ve been around for a bit." Taking a few steps up to the shorter guy he extended a hand to him. His arm and face covered in sweat showing how hard he had been working.

Whether, the guy would accept the hand shake or not Jim would continue figuring out what this guy was all about. "Is it your first day, do you know where you're supposed to be?" There was a mixed bag of ages that worked at the place but given that this guy seemed on the younger end it seemed to be a safe assumption. “I’m actually on my break, so maybe I can help ya get figured out.” Looking towards the exit another longing sigh was exhaled. However, once that passed Jim turning his attention back to the new guy as he was now willing to give him his full attention.
Personal Motto: What doesn't kill you makes you stronger, and nothing can kill me.
Favorite Quote: Maximum Effort!

Talking: ----- Thinking:

Jim's Theme Song : Indestructible : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4A3c2RKTJ4I

Kyrios Tefras
1st Semester
Weapon: Cyclic Flame
Semblance: Soul of Embers

Post by Kyrios Tefras » Wed May 16, 2018

The ashen student took to waiting for the rather big fellow to respond. The thought that this was a terrible idea made itself somewhat clear to Kyrios, whom had somehow expected some angry grumbling from this person and a request to leave. Instead he gotten something else, a rather helpful answer and a hand extended towards him. The fauxhawked student more rather accepted the handshake in a rather firm manner, finding some relief in the seemingly experienced worker's cooperation with him. "Well that's good to hear..." Kyrios rubbed the back of his own head, hearing whatever else the tall fellow had to say. Surprisingly the punk student had managed to keep something of a level head, already having been somewhat perturbed by the goose chase that was looking for the warehouse in particular -more so that is was a wonder that he somehow arrived earlier than he even expected to.

"Yup, first day around." He stated, having thought that the 'I'm new to the place' comment established that it really was his first day. He took a breath either way, moving onto the next half of the statement "But nah, the guy just told me to head on down 'ere. Told me he'd get me sorted out with someone n'at." Quite frankly he didn't know a lick of his way around the general area, having taken some of his sweet time looking for the warehouse itself -and now having a rather helpful fellow be his guide if anything seemed as it was.
"These ashes provide warmth and comfort for those who accept them, will you?" Speaking FF8000
Where are they...? Thinking FF8080
Main theme: Reigniting
Battle Theme

Jim Lavay
4th Semester
Weapon: Ruin (Left) and Restoration (Right)
Semblance: Adrenaline Rush (Unending Fury)

Post by Jim Lavay » Wed May 23, 2018

When the guy informed him that her really didn't have much guidance it honestly wasn't a huge surprise. This place a fairly notorious for poor leadership and supervision. Hell, on his first day Jim recalled the fact that it took him like fifteen minutes and about five people before he found his first manager. That said for a situation that allowed him to both work out and earn some lien was a pretty sweet deal. Then add in the fact that he could basically pick up hours when he wanted and there was minimal stress it made things all that much better.

All the same, Jim felt at least somewhat obligated to get this guy figured out so turning away from the door he waved the guy forward. "The office is in the back; the big boss should be there. Heh, you don't see him on the floor too much." The man was a rather portly guy who looked like he hadn't worked out in over a decade, but laziness aside he was alright. Though, his assistant left a little to be desired, but that was a different story altogether. It was also fortunate that when you have the lifting capacity of a forklift the bosses tend to leave you alone.

Once the pair started in the direction of the office Jim who frequently forgot to do so decided to stretch an arm out towards the guy. "Hey, I'm Jim by the way. I only work here part time, but I've been around a few months." Chuckling to himself he continued. "Sadly, school keeps me pretty busy, so just gotta kinda earn the coin here and there. Unlike some there I'm not swimming in Lien" There was a big grin on his face as she continued to laugh at his own financial misfortune. "So, what about you? What brings you here?" It would take them a few minutes to get to the office strolling along at a modest pace. So, the typically extroverted student decided to get to know the guy if he would allow it.
Personal Motto: What doesn't kill you makes you stronger, and nothing can kill me.
Favorite Quote: Maximum Effort!

Talking: ----- Thinking:

Jim's Theme Song : Indestructible : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4A3c2RKTJ4I