Tour guide (Private)

At the dorms you and your team mates will work together, build friendships and establish relationships, organize your goals and group projects, and just to rest and relax. Even the best Hunters and Huntress need their beauty sleep.
Jim Lavay
4th Semester
Race: Human
Weapon: Ruin (Left) and Restoration (Right)
Semblance: Adrenaline Rush (Unending Fury)

Tour guide (Private)

Post by Jim Lavay » Tue May 15, 2018

Sometime ago Jim had signed up for a program. It was a nice little thing where tenured students could assist newer ones acclimate to life at Beacon. Usually it just involved you answering some questions and then giving them a quick tour around the campus. This sort of thing was really nice for the older student as well, because it showed that you were interest in mentoring. An area in which he had some serious aspirations, and while he had done some mentoring on his own time. It looked even better when you did it in an official capacity. All necessary steps as he hoped someday he would be able to officially tutor students and perhaps even teach here one day. That said, he hadn't gotten very many opportunities to do this sort of thing. So, when his name had finally come up he was very eager and willing to assist!

Of course, it wasn't easy for the guy who did everything in the spur of the moment to stick by the script. However, Jim would try is best all the same. Though he had his limits one of which involved him not wearing the school uniform. He loathed the formal attire, and pretty much only wore it when he ABSOLUTELY had too. No, instead the larger student just wore a plain t-shirt and a pair of shorts. It was of course simple, but then again, he was a simple guy and it was comfortable. That said when you had a build like his you also usually found excuses to wear shorter sleeves anyway, but that was neither here nor there in this case. Instead he was focused on the new student that was assigned to him, a girl by the name of Bella. Apparently, this girl had actually requested him. People approaching him wasn't all that uncommon since he had some well documented accomplishments, but going through official channels, that was different.

This meant that more than ever he couldn't screw up. So, arriving right at the designated time in an uncharacteristically punctually manner, Jim knocked on Bella's Dorm. "Hey it Jim Lavay, this is Bella Lyn... uh... Lyncur..." Cutting himself off he mumbled a curse word under his lips before quickly continuing. "Umm.. Bella's room, right? I'm here to give you your tour." Rolling his eyes afterwards he couldn't help but laugh at himself. He was already off to a terrible start. Plus, he also couldn't help but laugh at himself while thinking about that fact that if he were to rewind the clocks 18 months. The thought of him doing something like this would have been a total joke. However, here he was playing the part of a team leader and veteran student.
Personal Motto: What doesn't kill you makes you stronger, and nothing can kill me.
Favorite Quote: Maximum Effort!

Talking: ----- Thinking:

Jim's Theme Song : Indestructible : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4A3c2RKTJ4I

Tour guide (Private)

Sponsor

Sponsor

Bella Aurea Lyncurii
1st Semester
Weapon: Werrae
Semblance: Legatarius

Re: Tour guide (Private)

Post by Bella Aurea Lyncurii » Mon May 21, 2018

Any other time, Bella most likely would have been content to simply explore Beacon on her own, and for the most part she had. She found the library by herself, as well as the gardens and the cafeteria, if it could be called that. All the same, she couldn't help but feel like she was missing something. The history of Beacon, while not as impressive as Bella's own, at least in her eyes, was still a long one worthy of acknowledging. Perhaps there were secrets unknown to her, such as hidden passages. Maybe there were stories for the various areas of Beacon, where students had done something important, or became something more. It was an enchanting notion to entertain, and the best way to learn about these things was to meet somebody who had been here longer than she had.

Consequentially, she had found one Jim Lavay among the manifest of students signed up to provide tours and information. Bella had scoured the list with a fine tooth comb to ensure she found the candidate that she felt best suited her. The man named Jim was not only a human like herself, which she greatly preferred, but among all of the other candidates, he had been attending Beacon the longest. Further research and inquiries around campus helped allude what type of person he was, and while they may have had some differences between them, she hadn't found anything to suggest they were incompatible. She would find out soon enough.

She didn't anticipate that 'soon enough' would be moments after that train of thought. The knock at her door, as well as Jim's voice — not sounding quite how she thought it would — had broken her out of her thoughtful stupor. Quietly clearing her throat, the girl ran her palms over her shirt and skirt to smooth out any creases, and approached the door. Pulling it open, she was mildly surprised to find that the man essentially towered over her. It wasn't too surprising, considering Bella's rather diminutive height, but it still caught her off guard at times. A faint smile creased her lips as the man fumbled her name, something else that wasn't uncommon among people that weren't already acquainted with her family.

"Lyncurii", she stated, hoping it might help him with the pronunciation. "It's okay. You may call me Bella. I'm ready to go when you are", she finished, stepping out of her room and closing the door behind her.

Jim Lavay
4th Semester
Weapon: Ruin (Left) and Restoration (Right)
Semblance: Adrenaline Rush (Unending Fury)

Re: Tour guide (Private)

Post by Jim Lavay » Wed May 23, 2018

"Lyncurii, Right! It's very nice to meet you!" Jim echoed back towards Bella as she said her name properly and exited her room. There was some clear embarrassment on the veteran students face as he was already off to a bit of a rough start. However, as with most things in his life he would hopefully improve upon it.

Now Jim was definitely not the best at reading people. However, as Bella continued to speak, and he got a look at her he couldn't help but feel like he was talking to his cousin. They carried themselves in similar manners. Of course, he was not big on prejudging people nor would he treat her any differently, but there was clearly that Atlesian air about her. That said, he has been very wrong about his initial reads in the past. So, with all that in mind he decided just to ask as it would hopefully make a decent ice breaker. "Hey there, yup I'm ready..." Extending a hand towards the elevator her invited her to walk with him. "...So, before we get started mind telling me a little about yourself? Unfortunately, they don't really give us much info on the new students before this, and I figure the more I know about ya the better guide I can be." There was a large and well-meaning grin on his face as Jim hoped to get some buy in from the girl.

That said he did feel it would be best if he got the ball rolling, so it didn't sound like he was just giving her the grand inquisition. "As for myself, I've been here for about two and half years. I have a sister that graduated from here about 6 years ago, and two cousins that also attend the school. So, uhhh heh... there is probably a good chance you'll trip over another Lavay at some point." Chuckling to himself it seemed like everyone he had met over the past year had somehow bumped into Cassie or Ivory first.

Regardless, Jim would give Bella a chance to explain, and then he would follow up with giving her the option as to pick her desired starting spot. "So, anyway, is there anything in particular that you had in mind for starting this little mini adventure?" Again, some playful laughter followed the comment as he was probably playing up this tour a little bit. However, he just couldn't help being excited at the chance to not only meet some new people but show that he was capable of such responsibilities.
Personal Motto: What doesn't kill you makes you stronger, and nothing can kill me.
Favorite Quote: Maximum Effort!

Talking: ----- Thinking:

Jim's Theme Song : Indestructible : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4A3c2RKTJ4I